Any unusual offensive formations?

Nebraska already used the diamond against Southern Miss., and if I'm not mistaken, even a small variation where two of the backs stayed to the sides of Martinez but moved up a couple of yards so they were in the area between Martinez and the line. It could have been on accident, but it looked intentional.

It looks like NU has a difficult offense to prepare for. The only problem is that I still think the o-line has been holding back these last couple of games. I'd really like to see them gel together for four quarters.

So far this year we have predominantly seen 3 wide with a RB and TE.

Any chance of seeing

• 5 wide?
  • 4 wide
  • diamond formation in the backfield.

We've seen all those, although the five wide might have still been using a RB lined up as a WR.

I could do without the overload look we like to use. Seemed like we ran that about half the time in the second half against Wyoming. Would like more Two Men and The Truck and single back with the zone read this week.

5 wide.....QB draw

Any chance of seeing

• 5 wide?
  • 4 wide

We've seen all those, although the five wide might have still been using a RB lined up as a WR.

I could do without the overload look we like to use. Seemed like we ran that about half the time in the second half against Wyoming. Would like more Two Men and The Truck and single back with the zone read this week.

5 wide.....QB draw

Yeah, that or draw action with a downfield past to Bell or Turner or Enunwa or Westerkamp or Moore or Burtch or Allen or Abdullah or Newby or Nobler?

Any chance of seeing

• 5 wide?
  • 4 wide

5 wide.....QB draw

Yeah, that or draw action with a downfield past to Bell or Turner or Enunwa or Westerkamp or Moore or Burtch or Allen or Abdullah or Newby or Nobler?

Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Comment, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen.

Any chance of seeing

• 5 wide?
  • 4 wide

5 wide.....QB draw

<rant>

Boooooooooooo!!! That was easily the most frustrating play of the Solich era. Only play we every ran from 5 wides was the QB draw. Every time we'd lineup, I'd just start yelling at Solich/Cotton. If we'd ever thrown the darn thing, the other team would have been so surprised it would have gone for a TD.

</rant>

My manager is friends with Coach Fischer, he was told we are going to see something we haven't seen in a few years but wouldn't reveal what. My guess would be the wildcat with Abdullah.

Why would your guess be the wildcat when we have seen that every year over the last five-six years?

My guess is the wishbone. Maybe even with backs in a three point stance :lol: