Any unusual offensive formations?

We're gonna go playground ball on them. Taylor is going to draw the plays up on his hand in the huddle. Kenny, you run 9 yrds, cut this way then run back to me. Q, I want you to run a drag 1 yrd off the LOS and then cut to the corner. JT, I want you to go for a fly. Ameer, stay and block then go out and run around and get open. Ready , Break

• Fire 1

Martinez seems a lot more timid thus far. He is not hitting the gaps he has in the past.

It looks like we just haven't needed him that much. With the receivers and backs we have, options plays, zone reads and designed QB runs aren't as necessary as they may have once been. I like us on the zone read with TM, but I hope we stay far away from the traditional option from under center. I've never felt TM runs that very effectively.

Martinez seems a lot more timid thus far. He is not hitting the gaps he has in the past.

It looks like we just haven't needed him that much. With the receivers and backs we have, options plays, zone reads and designed QB runs aren't as necessary as they may have once been. I like us on the zone read with TM, but I hope we stay far away from the traditional option from under center. I've never felt TM runs that very effectively.

After re-watching the S. Miss game, there is no doubt that he's had strict instructions not to run unless absolutely necessary. There were two times where we ran counter-trey action (pulling both the backside guard and tackle) where the play was definitely set up to be a QB run following the pulling lineman but instead it was handed off to Abdullah going the other way. We'll turn Martinez loose tomorrow.

I think with Imani getting snaps at FB, we could see a couple of quick hitters from him up the gut. Circa Rex Burkhead in 2011, think the Ohio State game.

I like getting Cross in at FB. Gives us the potential to bust big ones up up the gut and gives defenses one more thing to prep for. Plus when we have Taylor joining the mix next year it will be hard to get everyone reps at I-back. Would be great to get some use out of Cross at FB and H-back.

I'm interested to see what we've been holding-back for this game, especially on D.

So far this year we have predominantly seen 3 wide with a RB and TE.

Any chance of seeing

• 5 wide?
  • 4 wide
  • diamond formation in the backfield.

We've seen all those, although the five wide might have still been using a RB lined up as a WR.

I could do without the overload look we like to use.  Seemed like we ran that about half the time in the second half against Wyoming.  Would like more Two Men and The Truck and single back with the zone read this week.

5 wide.....QB draw

Yeah,  that or draw action with a downfield past to Bell or Turner or Enunwa or Westerkamp or Moore or Burtch or Allen or Abdullah or Newby or Nobler?

Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Comment, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen.

Comet*

Great now I'm trying stuck trying to figure how we could make a Rudolph parody for our offense.

You know Ameer, Imani, Kenny, and Quincy. Turner and Allen, J-West and Newby. But will defenses recall, the most dangerous of them all. Taylor, the dual threat quarterback....

Way too much free time at work.