Message to the b.l.a.ckout Hold-Outs

drummer7

The only way this works is if the athletic department shelled out he money for 90,000 black shirts. Even then, some people would be happy with the free shirt and continue wearing red anyways.

I like the idea, it's just an idea that is really hard to execute unless you have an established organizational support, which right now there is little to no time to implement it.

I'm going to wear red and support the team by being loud when the defense is on the field and quiet when the offense is on the field, unless we're scoring a touchdown.

For this young D it might actually help if we were just silent the whole time, but if I don't have a hoarse voice by the end of the game I feel like I didn't do my job.

I imagine and hope that we'll see a good effort by the students wearing black, and that could look pretty cool. But asking people who have been wearing red to Husker games for decades to change their personal "tradition" just won't work. As far as how well any "(insert color of choice here) out" works, I'm split. ASU did a black out recently to celebrate them (finally) changing their logo a bit, uniform color combinations etc., and it was well supported. However, the Coyotes in the NHL have a "white out" for every home playoff game, and opposing players have actually said that it doesn't affect them at all. In fact, opposing goalies have actually said that it helps them see the puck better because it really stands out with all of the white as a background. At the end of the day, it's a way to get the fans excited. I would hope that Husker fans don't need a gimmick of any sort to be pumped for this game.

GAAAAH CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE! I feel for you drummer, truly do. I tried the same encouraging thread a while back before the players got behind the notion. Problem is that on here and out there people are set in their ways. Wearing black is like a slap in the face to some. I think maybe if Dr. Tom spread the mesage via AM radio the older crowd would consider the idea. Sadly even the players asking the fans for something in return for their playing time is too much to ask of some tradirionalists. Hope a good chunk of people can forgo their tradition just for one day and we see a great turnout of blackshirts. If not oh well, even those wearing red, be loud and lets beat the Bruins GBR!

Hey buddy,

I just read through the "are you wearing black to the game?" thread. Guess what? 25 people in the thread either said they were wearing black or were in support of it. 5 said they weren't.

How long until you realize you are arguing against ghosts?

• Fire 1