Scott Frost

bleedNUred

If Bo was going to leave the program being "fired", I was hoping he could figure it out for another 2-3 years before that happened so Scott would be ready and capable to step in.

Here's to hoping the rest of the season plays out much better than we think it will.

Cheers! I would just hope Frost is still available by that time.

Oh for gods sake, here we go! Weren't people upset about the Pelini hire because he was a new head coach? "This is Nebraska! Were not a learn on the job kinda school" is what they said. Now you want to hire a guy who has THREE GAMES experience as an offensive coordinator as a head coach? Thank god some of these fans aren't the AD...

• Fire 2

At this point, Eichorst's job is similar to Osborne's in early-mid 2007. He needs to take the pulse of the boosters and recruits week-to-week, because if it reaches the point where the staff loses all forward momentum, that's when it's time to make changes.

Don't forget we have been here before. Last year, even. And the year before.

Bo didn't lose the team in 2011.

He didn't lose the team in 2012.

The season still has 9 regular season games to go.

The reality is and I know it even though it's tough to swallow is that if Bo pulls out another 9-10 win season we'll keep him. The window of opportunity is closing I believe on being able to hire Frost, he's had a very good track record and isn't hurting his resume by what he's doing at Oregon currently.

I just don't see a major program hiring a guy like scott frost. I could see a smaller program hiring him and getting some experience first and then being able to make a bigger jump. We need a seasoned coach. A proven winner that isn't learning on the fly, a coach ready to take the next step.

At this point, Eichorst's job is similar to Osborne's in early-mid 2007. He needs to take the pulse of the boosters and recruits week-to-week, because if it reaches the point where the staff loses all forward momentum, that's when it's time to make changes.

Don't forget we have been here before. Last year, even. And the year before.

Bo didn't lose the team in 2011.

He didn't lose the team in 2012.

The season still has 9 regular season games to go.

Yes by all accounts lets just continue this trend. I'm cool with being embarrassed nationally each year just so we can claim the imaginary 9 win season trophy.

• Fire 4

The reality is and I know it even though it's tough to swallow is that if Bo pulls out another 9-10 win season we'll keep him. The window of opportunity is closing I believe on being able to hire Frost, he's had a very good track record and isn't hurting his resume by what he's doing at Oregon currently.

I just don't see a major program hiring a guy like scott frost. I could see a smaller program hiring him and getting some experience first and then being able to make a bigger jump. We need a seasoned coach. A proven winner that isn't learning on the fly, a coach ready to take the next step.

I agree with that asessment, probably the most liekly scenario. But would he leave Oregon for a lower tier school? Just based on the fact that Oregon OC muct be a really awesome gig. Look at the track record of those who hel that position. Bellotti now AD, Kelly Philly HC, and now the current HC is obviously having great success.

Oh for gods sake, here we go! Weren't people upset about the Pelini hire because he was a new head coach? "This is Nebraska! Were not a learn on the job kinda school" is what they said. Now you want to hire a guy who has THREE GAMES experience as an offensive coordinator as a head coach? Thank god some of these fans aren't the AD...

I can't say what you put there isn't true but what's your suggestion? Stick with this 9 maybe 10 wins a year with a bowl loss and losing all meaningful/national games or conference championship games? I'm ready for a change but like you said and many others have pointed out, we will endure this regime as long as it keeps posting those "records".

I can't say what you put there isn't true but what's your suggestion? Stick with this 9 maybe 10 wins a year with a bowl loss and losing all meaningful/national games or conference championship games? I'm ready for a change but like you said and many others have pointed out, we will endure this regime as long as it keeps posting those "records".

Please tell me where I said this? I said people complain about hiring Bo with no previous experience as a head coach and now your idea is to hire a guy with three games experience as an offensive coordinator as our head coach? What kind of sense does that make?

As far as what Id do...its not my job. Its Eichorst's job to hire a coach.

I want an experienced head coach. This is not a training program. I might make an exception for Kirby Smart.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Point me to some facts that make anyone think Pelini can win at the level we expect. He continually chokes away big games, and humiliates the program in the process. He's had enough chances, its time for someone else.

• Fire 2

Please tell me where I said this? I said people complain about hiring Bo with no previous experience as a head coach and now your idea is to hire a guy with three games experience as an offensive coordinator as our head coach? What kind of sense does that make?

It makes sense in that we'd be plucking some fruit from that sweet sweet Chip Kelly coaching tree.

It makes sense in that we'd be plucking some fruit from that sweet sweet Chip Kelly coaching tree.

Rather take it from the Saban Tree.