Scott Frost

bleedNUred

Why not Mark Richt from Georgia? He's proven himself on the field, he's a good recruiter, is familiar with Nebraska...

...while I would be loathe to see DoNU getting into a bidding war with a SEC school for a coach's services, this is one war worth waging if we truly want a replacement for Bo that could come in and have success immediately.

• Fire 1

Why not Mark Richt from Georgia? He's proven himself on the field, he's a good recruiter, is familiar with Nebraska...

...while I would be loathe to see DoNU getting into a bidding war with a SEC school for a coach's services, this is one war worth waging if we truly want a replacement for Bo that could come in and have success immediately.

Seriously, why would he come to DONU? It would be Houston Nutt all over again. Lincoln is not even close to the holy grail of coaching jobs.

After the latest "meltdown" or whatever epic collapse description you want to use for the latest performance by the Huskers. I think we should put forth the effort? to try and get Scott Frost here as the new HC. It's become very apparent we have reached our pinnacle or peak if you will under Pelini. This is a trend that has been ongoing and doesn't seem to be changing. I've never seen such a collapse after being up 21-3 and controlling a game.

Scott would give the program a fresh start, and bring his coacing prowess from Oregon that has been even more impressive this season than when Chip Kelly was there. He's seen since being at Oregon what it takes to make a consistently scary good football team in today's game, and also played for one while he was the QB for Nebraska. I know alot of people are going to flame me or whatever for this thread but Huskernation deserves better than this and so do the many talented players that play for the school. I feel that if Nebraska were to make a change that Frost would be the best option for the future of the program because the current path that the program is heading down is not a bright one. Changes need to be made and I hope that Frost is the guy picked to get this program back on track.

NO!

I am not ready to fire Bo.

Wouldn't NU be a step down for Mark Richt? I think we over-estimate the Nebraska brand, while coaches looking at the recruiting limitations.

With USC and Texas looking to fire coaches, along with Washington if Sark moves to USC, Florida if Muschamp falls on his face, even if Georgia Tech has another flat season. Where among these does Nebraska rank as a place to come in get talent and win for a coach? We are getting possibly the third best guy available or Scott Frost. I think Scott Frost will be a good head coach, and better than the "hot guy".

Not ready to give up on Bo, check back in November.

Seriously, why would he come to DONU? It would be Houston Nutt all over again. Lincoln is not even close to the holy grail of coaching jobs.

Well, off the top of my head, an easier route to the National Championship...

...Richt is a Nebraska fan from Omaha (thus fulfilling the Nebraska Man requirement)...

...Richt would probably welcome the adulation an 11-1/10-2 season with a conference title and/or marquee Top 25 wins would bring him, as compared to the heartburn it currently brings him bring third fiddle (fourth, if you include AtM...) in the SEC.

Look--if Nebraska fans want to bring in an experienced coach to win tomorrow (next season) with the talent on-hand, Richt is your best and most reliable bet.

And yes, Richt is probably the most expensive...and unlike Nutt, Richt has had consistent success and isn't a flash in the pan.

Woah woah woah, no way do I believe Richt is an improvement over Bo. He might win more games than Bo (though that's not guaranteed), but this team would go downhill fast in other areas. Forget having a team of non-thugs who you can trust to be on the field any given Saturday rather than in jail, having a good team GPA, having academic all-americans, etc.

Would be a very bad move in my opinion, this team is more than just football.

• Fire 1

Well, off the top of my head, an easier route to the National Championship...

...Richt is a Nebraska fan from Omaha (thus fulfilling the Nebraska Man ™ requirement)...

...Richt would probably welcome the adulation an 11-1/10-2 season with a conference title and/or marquee Top 25 wins would bring him, as compared to the heartburn it currently brings him bring third fiddle (fourth, if you include AtM...) in the SEC.

Look--if Nebraska fans want to bring in an experienced coach to win tomorrow (next season) with the talent on-hand, Richt is your best and most reliable bet.

And yes, Richt is probably the most expensive...and unlike Nutt, Richt has had consistent success and isn't a flash in the pan.

I don't know. If Richt is that great of coach, I don't think having a wimpy schedule is a selling point. I would assume that most would thrive on challenge and competition

Woah woah woah, no way do I believe Richt is an improvement over Bo. He might win more games (though that's not guaranteed), but this team would go downhill fast in other areas. Forget having a team of non-thugs who you can trust to be on the field any given Saturday rather than in jail, having a good team GPA, having all-americans, etc. Would be a very bad move in my opinion, this team is more than just football.

I love the way Bo runs the program as much as anybody. But you can't let the on-field performance sink to the point where fans "just hope that we're not embarrassed." That's what it's come to, and that's not acceptable.

If we had played UCLA close today, if we had played competitively for 4 quarters - I'd be fine. Not satisfied, but not disappointed either. But we got embarrassed. Again. You can't call 63 against Ohio State or 70 against Wisconsin flukes. It's a pattern.

Bo's still got this season to right the ship, but his seat should be on fire right now.

Woah woah woah, no way do I believe Richt is an improvement over Bo. He might win more games (though that's not guaranteed), but this team would go downhill fast in other areas. Forget having a team of non-thugs who you can trust to be on the field any given Saturday rather than in jail, having a good team GPA, having all-americans, etc. Would be a very bad move in my opinion, this team is more than just football.

I love the way Bo runs the program as much as anybody. But you can't let the on-field performance sink to the point where fans "just hope that we're not embarrassed." That's what it's come to, and that's not acceptable.

If we had played UCLA close today, if we had played competitively for 4 quarters - I'd be fine. Not satisfied, but not disappointed either. But we got embarrassed. Again. You can't call 63 against Ohio State or 70 against Wisconsin flukes. It's a pattern.

Bo's still got this season to right the ship, but his seat should be on fire right now.

No doubt, I agree that Pelini still needs to put a good team on the field. What I'm saying however, is that Richt shouldn't be an option because, if he was, essentially what we're saying (knowing his track record) is, "we'll sacrifice everything we uphold off the field just for one or two more wins a year." To summarize, Bo might not be the guy, but Richt surely is not.

Watching Kingsbury walk the sideslines for TExas Tech mskes me believe Frost as HC isnt completely in left field.

Agree.

This guy comes in and starts a walk-on true Freshman. He's probably be starting a different true freshman next week after the TCU finish.

I've watched him coach two games and he has skills. His bonehead running back drops the ball on the carpet after a break away touchdown. Clifford pats him on the head and gives him the rock on the next play for a TD. It's unbelievable how composed he is......He's 34!

You have to watch a TT game if you get the chance. I think Frost would operate like this guy.

No doubt, I agree that Pelini still needs to put a good team on the field. What I'm saying however, is that Richt shouldn't be an option because, if he was, essentially what we're saying (knowing his track record) is, "we'll sacrifice everything we uphold off the field just for one or two more wins a year." To summarize, Bo might not be the guy, but Richt surely is not.

I don't know enough about Richt to know whether or not that's the case. I didn't think Georgia was having terrible off the field problems, but maybe I'm just out of the loop.