Scott Frost

bleedNUred

scott frost is an oc in the same way that paps is. he is just a puppet for an oc-head coach.

not sure why everyone is so impressed with him.

frost does call the plays a Oregon not sure pap does that here

How do you know that Frost does? How do people on this board know that Pap doesn't call the defense?

scott frost is an oc in the same way that paps is. he is just a puppet for an oc-head coach.

I was just going to post that exact same question here.

There are people on this board that swear that Bo is calling the defense and Paps is just signaling the plays in for the players which I find ridiculous, but lets say thats true, couldn't you say the same thing for Oregon with Frost?

Chip leaves and his OC Mark Helfrich becomes the Head Coach and promotes within and names Frost as OC for his first ever stint as an OC (sounds familiar huh), whats to say that Helfrich is still calling the plays or over looking the calls being called? It could be true because Oregon looks like it still hasn't lost a beat even after trouncing both Virginia and Tennessee with over 50+ points in each of those two games. You'd think you'd see some sort of drop off in the offense when playing two non-conference BCS teams back to back weeks.

I just find it ridiculous to promote someone as an OC or DC to only have the Head Coach over take those responsibilities and calling the plays to have the OC or DC signal in those plays. Its throwing money out of the window with the above logic.

Scott Frost is calling the plays. Helfrich has said he is giving Frost that duty and he will not micro manage him. They will talk before the game about the gameplan.

Scott Frost is also in the booth, not on the sideline, saying which plays are to be called.

How do you know that Frost does? How do people on this board know that Pap doesn't call the defense?

"Oregon football just got a lot more interesting. Ducks head coach Mark Helfrich told me on the ESPNU College Football Podcast that he has ceded the play calling to offensive coordinator Scott Frost. Helfrich delayed making a decision until he and Frost went through spring practice and figured out how best to work together. Helfrich said he will maintain input, and the Ducks’ veteran staff means the program will never veer off course. But it’s another thing that will change from the very successful past four seasons."

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2013/07/oregon-ducks-links-mark-helfrich-scott-frost-aggressive.html

just going off what I've read don't remember where but I believe it was right around the start of fall camp, i'm sure Oregon's HC does have some oversight like every HC probably does but I don't think I've ever heard it stated that Pap calls the plays

Frost is not a viable HC candidate yet. Anyone who says otherwise is dreaming. Assuming this season snowballs out of control and Bo loses the team (admittedly a lot less likely than the twilight of the Callahan years), the only job Frost would be suited for is offensive coordinator with a pay bump. He earned his stripes at Oregon, he has ties to the program, and he learned from the best in the business.

As far as the accusations of him being "dirty," count me as unimpressed. What some message board poster heard is irrelevant. To borrow a line from Training Day: "It's not what you know. It's what you can prove." And that only partially applies, because I've yet to see anyone demonstrate that they know anything. I've been on the board long enough to know that trusting 'insiders' who keep their divination and mysterious knowledge cloaked in the shadows of rumor and hearsay are basically worthless.

Yes, I'm talking about posters like EZ-E and others. And no, it's nothing personal. Without evidence your "I heard" stories are just that. Something you heard. I'd be more than happy to look at the proof/sources by thread or PM, but generally few 'insiders' bother with them.

Until then, sorry. Claim ≠ fact.

If your ignorant moronic ass can't see that sanctions were coming down on Oregon with the Lache Seatruck recruitment among others along with DeAnothey Thomas then you couldn't

be a bigger f'ing moron. Why do you think Chip Kelley left? Because he knew paying Texas street agents for commits would come back to bite him in the ass. If you don't think Frost knew about if then f#*k you.

I get the feeling a lot of fans are still angry at 18-year-old Frost for choosing Stanford.

No. Not that. but kinda at the fact that he came crawling back when it didnt work out just in time to be the star predecessor to Frazier. He did a tremendous job as a qb, and was an incredible competitor, but as a person, I always had some question marks on him. I attended a high school that competed against Wood River in everything. As a kid, I saw plenty of Scott and his dad Larry between football and basketball games over the course of 3 years. Two words defined them-excessive arrogance

Those last two words could not be more true!!! If we make changes fine. But if Scott Frost is absolutely an arrogant f#*k and doesn't reflect anything we stand for at Nebraska. He made demands that made Bo pull the offer to him go join our staff. There is a reason Tim Beck asked him for plays this off-season and Bo refuses to talk to him. I haven't read this whole thread, but put Scott Frost's resume on paper and tell me that outside of where he played CFB anyone here would hire him as HC. It's laughable

Your posts on Frost reek of double standards. You argue that the only reason anybody around here considers him a reasonable coaching candidate is because he went to school here, and then call him "an arrogant f#*k" because he refused to accept a lateral move to Nebraska? If not for the notion that he's expected to show loyalty to UNL and to Osborne, why in the world would he accept that position? Right now, he's OC at the #2 program in the country. Had he accepted our offer, he'd be the WRs coach at a program that just dropped out of the top 25.

That's not arrogance. That's weighing the pros and cons of the job offer and making a good career decision.

Now, let's say he is arrogant - not for refusing a job offer, but just for being a douchey, arrogant person. Who gives a damn? Our current head coach is BO FREAKIN' PELINI! He's as arrogant as they come - to the point of being so confident in his coaching that he refuses to adjust after giving up ridiculous amounts of points and yards over and over again! He's known nationally for two things - being an asshat on national television and to the local media, and having his defensive guru status rubbed in the mud as his defenses get blown away.

Let me be clear - I like Pelini. I hope he can turn things around. I don't care that he's arrogant (which he is), I just want him to run a clean program, and I want him to win. And if Scott Frost can do that better than Pelini, I am all for bringing him in, no matter how arrogant he is. I don't think Frost is ready to be HC at Neb - I'd love to have him as OC, but he'd be nuts to take that job right now. But this idea that he doesn't deserve to be at Nebraska because he's "arrogant" is a bunch of crap.

• Fire 6

Frost is not a viable HC candidate yet. Anyone who says otherwise is dreaming. Assuming this season snowballs out of control and Bo loses the team (admittedly a lot less likely than the twilight of the Callahan years), the only job Frost would be suited for is offensive coordinator with a pay bump. He earned his stripes at Oregon, he has ties to the program, and he learned from the best in the business.

As far as the accusations of him being "dirty," count me as unimpressed. What some message board poster heard is irrelevant. To borrow a line from Training Day: "It's not what you know. It's what you can prove." And that only partially applies, because I've yet to see anyone demonstrate that they know anything. I've been on the board long enough to know that trusting 'insiders' who keep their divination and mysterious knowledge cloaked in the shadows of rumor and hearsay are basically worthless.

Yes, I'm talking about posters like EZ-E and others. And no, it's nothing personal. Without evidence your "I heard" stories are just that. Something you heard. I'd be more than happy to look at the proof/sources by thread or PM, but generally few 'insiders' bother with them.

If your ignorant moronic ass can't see that sanctions were coming down on Oregon with the Lache Seatruck recruitment among others along with DeAnothey Thomas then you couldn't

be a bigger f'ing moron. Why do you think Chip Kelley left? Because he knew paying Texas street agents for commits would come back to bite him in the ass. If you don't think Frost knew about if then f#*k you.

How to Lose an Argument in One Easy Step

Step 1: Resort to ad hominem.

Nice work. And mods, if my opinion matters at all, don't ban him on my account. Let him say what he wants.

• Fire 8

tumblr_lzwtlyFBVx1qb73tpo1_400.gif

Just pony up. We have the most loyal fan base in the country. Money is not an issue. Go out and get the best in the business and pay him the most in the business.

So what your saying is that you will provide thousands or millions to the new coach? or are you just pulling this our of your ass.

Yep just cut a check for $5.4 million. Bo's buyout. My point is that if we want to be National Title contenders we need to out pay everyone else to get the best coach possible. Nebraska is a tough place to coach because of fan expectations. Its a tough place to recruit because of location. Get a proven commodity and pay them. The football program makes a lot of dollars I think we can afford to pay.

Of course I'm pulling this out of my ass I'm just and an idiot on a message board with no ties to the athletic department. Now go back to your hole.

Just pony up. We have the most loyal fan base in the country. Money is not an issue. Go out and get the best in the business and pay him the most in the business.

So what your saying is that you will provide thousands or millions to the new coach? or are you just pulling this our of your ass.

Yep just cut a check for $5.4 million. Bo's buyout. My point is that if we want to be National Title contenders we need to out pay everyone else to get the best coach possible. Nebraska is a tough place to coach because of fan expectations. Its a tough place to recruit because of location. Get a proven commodity and pay them. The football program makes a lot of dollars I think we can afford to pay.

Of course I'm pulling this out of my ass I'm just and an idiot on a message board with no ties to the athletic department. Now go back to your hole.

But you're talking about an astronomical contract to draw a top tier coach to Lincoln...