Scott Frost

bleedNUred

Just pony up. We have the most loyal fan base in the country. Money is not an issue. Go out and get the best in the business and pay him the most in the business.

So what your saying is that you will provide thousands or millions to the new coach? or are you just pulling this our of your ass.

Yep just cut a check for $5.4 million. Bo's buyout. My point is that if we want to be National Title contenders we need to out pay everyone else to get the best coach possible. Nebraska is a tough place to coach because of fan expectations. Its a tough place to recruit because of location. Get a proven commodity and pay them. The football program makes a lot of dollars I think we can afford to pay.

Of course I'm pulling this out of my ass I'm just and an idiot on a message board with no ties to the athletic department. Now go back to your hole.

So what you are saying is we should buy out Bo and become the next Iowa? Because offering large amounts of money to a coach always fixes the problem.... How about waiting until the end of the season to see how things pan out there chief.

Never said to fire him. But if they make a change thats what need to happen to get the best coach possible. Chief.

Ron Zook and Mike Stoops were absolute possibilities in 2011 King and I feel you know that as well as I.

Really wanted us to make a move on Zook after Illinois canned him. The guy knows D and recruits his ass off.

If wonder if Narduzzi would take another DC position for the right money.

Pretty shocked Zook didn't happen...

But then again, I believe I said this week "Bo Pelini is loyal to a fault"...

If Nebraska does move on a coach, during or after the season, I don't see them getting a top coach because frankly who is going to leave their current job for Nebraska? That isn't a shot at Nebraska as much as the top coaches have a nice setup where they are at. Just about every top 25 football school has money and facilities.

If Nebraska does move on a coach, during or after the season, I don't see them getting a top coach because frankly who is going to leave their current job for Nebraska? That isn't a shot at Nebraska as much as the top coaches have a nice setup where they are at. Just about every top 25 football school has money and facilities.

Nebraska has money and a great fan base they should go after kirby smart hard give it a shot bo will be fired soon

How would people feel about Al Golden? Hired once by the AD, could happen again if Bo were to get his wish and find a HC job elsewhere. I'm biased but I'd like to think DONU is a more enticing job since Miami is one booster financed abortion from being aborted itself, assuming the NCAA wouldn't sh*t themselves the 2nd time around.

Edit: Eichorst didn't nire Golden but obviously has a relationship with him

How are some of you gonna feel if Scott Frost spits in our face if we offered him the HC job at Nebraska?

Not going to happen. We're not going to offer the job to a guy who's only been a coordinator for a year, but if he were to get that offer, he'd be absolutely nuts not to take it (or he'd have to know that he's a few short years from the Oregon job).

Frost inherited a well-oiled machine and does get input from Helfrich. Big difference between that and building something on your own. He does intrigue me though, and should definitely get a look if Bo is gone. If we were to snag a coordinator Smart or Morris are more proven. Smart would be the tougher get and I worry about Bama coming for him when Saban leaves, but he's a good coach and a big get that could help recruiting.

A guy that interests me that I haven't seen mentioned is Mike MacIntyre. He turned-around a horrid SJSU program and already has CU playing better ball.

I really don't like the idea of going after Frost.

First, Chip Kelly is an innovator. Always was. He was when he was at New Hampshire, he ran an outstanding offense at Oregon, Bill Belichick's consulted him on how to run an offense, and now he's been hired by a NFL team to bring his acumen to the pros.

The current Oregon HC was brought up under Kelly as an OC and Frost was just the WRs coach before that. Frost is in his first year as an OC. If Oregon, in year #1 of post-Kelly, is doing well, then Kelly has successfully bequeathed his system to the school. Not to take away from Helfrich (or Frost, who is a name OC under a HC/OC, no?).

Even with more successful years at Oregon, Frost will not be a superstar OC. Although he may have a good reputation and great job prospects, his status will be completely different from Kelly the ace offense guy or Bo Pelini the defensive mastermind. So if we bring Frost in as a head coach, we're not going for a star coordinator. Which is fine; we're looking for a head coach after all. What are his traits as a HC? Maybe he totally gets it. Maybe he knows how to assemble a team of assistants, lead a team of young men, and face the media. Maybe he's the whole package, or maybe he's not. How can that be anything but totally unknown? It's a hell of a gamble.

In my opinion, that's a gamble for a small school to take, and not a major program like Nebraska, especially coming off the heels of a disaster (which is what it would take for Bo to be gone) that needs repairing. If it ever doesn't work out for Bo, I'd want a guy who has proven all of those successful HC traits at a lower level and give him a shot to do it in the big leagues.

• Fire 1

Nebraska has money and a great fan base they should go after kirby smart hard give it a shot bo will be fired soon

Like Jaws said...Every top 25 team has money and facilities. Nebraska has better then most, facility wise, but as far as the money, it's somewhat a draw. I am sure Kirby Smart has been contacted a few times from other programs to see what his intrest is and yet he is still there with Nick.