Relevance

Ziebol

I think it's interesting that many don't view Nebraska as relevant yet the top headline on ESPNU this morning was this:

"Huskers out of the Top 25"

If we are so irrelevant then why would a national sports empire bother to make US their headline of the day?

ESPN likes to rub it in. They do hate us.

I think it's interesting that many don't view Nebraska as relevant yet the top headline on ESPNU this morning was this:

If we are so irrelevant then why would a national sports empire bother to make US their headline of the day?

I know but don't you think that's weird! If they really hated us why even mention us at all?

I know but don't you think that's weird! If they really hated us why even mention us at all?

Somebody in the media has to point out how much we suck. I really don't know why.

I think we all agree that NU is not relavent on the national scene. There is only one thing that will return us to the Top 10, etc. Winning big games against ranked teams....... obvious, but when and how wil it happen?

I haven't a clue. Luckily my income doesn't depend on the NU football team.... just my emotional sanity!

Nebraska is relevant to me and my family and to many people that I know or have met, even here recently. I can assure you that even people who love to bash Nebraska enjoy watching their favorite team play against the Big Red. Being bent out of shape because the "national" media decides to say less than stellar things about the program shouldn't bother you. Just like it shouldn't bother you if fans from other areas or of different teams like to talk trash. If it does, take a break from the old ball game for a bit and gain some perspective.

Side note. Mature Nebraska-like recruits will not take the media hub bub to heart. In fact it may inspire them to change the face.

Another side note. Sports writers and media outlets gain revenue when prominent teams' fans, like Nebraska, frequent their "wares" (their articles, podcasts, videos, etc.). Getting a rise out of fans, or reaching fans on an eye to eye level with like-minded concerns increases their attention and their bill folds.