We may never recover.

Ulty

It's going to be a good season, most expected to lose to UCLA, a few even predicted a loss by 15-20 points. Bo will get at least 10 wins and if things go right, who knows, maybe a shot at the BIG title.

It's still early. At least you haven't lost to Iowa-- and won't!

Wow. Never recover from a loss to a Top 25 team?

Alabama was just miserable, beyond pathetic under Mike Dubose and became completely irrelevant under Mike Shula. Oklahoma had practically turned into Iowa State on John Blake's watch. LSU had fallen completely off the map before Saban. USC stunk for years before Carroll, Florida regressed under Ron Zook, Michigan fell to pieces under Rich Rod, Notre Dame was a complete non-factor under Bob Davie and Ty Willingham...the list goes on and on.

Our lows are nowhere near as bad as what other comparable storied programs have suffered (Michigan winning only 3 games in a season was something I never thought I'd see in my lifetime) and they ALL bounced back--and quickly--once the right coaching hire was made. Either Bo will turn it around or someone else will, but the Nebraska program will be fine over the long haul. Having said that, the turnaround needs to come soon, because these blowout losses to decent competition are getting very, very old.

• Fire 2

I know we felt pretty lonely this weekend.

But we are not alone.

We're right there with Texas and USC and Notre Dame and Tennessee and Washington and Auburn and Miami and another dozen or so major college football programs where the fanbase demands greatness, fears they've lost all respect and thinks the college football world is laughing at them. Speaking of laughing, it would have been pretty hilarious to watch Michigan lose to Akron, an almost inconceivable loss which the Wolverines have made their specialty in recent years. I would even have laughed at Wisconsin losing, but they really did get jobbed.

The Huskers will be back. Maybe even this season.

I'm not happy with the string of 4 loss seasons, but if that same string of 9 & 10 win seasons is our trough, we're not in nearly as bad of shape as other struggling former powerhouses.

But we are simply not playing Top 25 football at the moment. That kinda hurts.

agreed. What is weird is that NU is, essentially, no longer a "football" school. Football is still emphasized... but to warrant being a football school in the sense of having a nationally competitive program... the results of the last decade plus a few --- coupled with the current trajectory makes it impossible to call NU any longer a football school. It is an historic football program... but no longer a football school.

Alabama was just miserable, beyond pathetic under Mike Dubose and became completely irrelevant under Mike Shula. Oklahoma had practically turned into Iowa State on John Blake's watch. LSU had fallen completely off the map before Saban. USC stunk for years before Carroll, Florida regressed under Ron Zook, Michigan fell to pieces under Rich Rod, Notre Dame was a complete non-factor under Bob Davie and Ty Willingham...the list goes on and on.

Our lows are nowhere near as bad as what other comparable storied programs have suffered (Michigan winning only 3 games in a season was something I never thought I'd see in my lifetime) and they ALL bounced back--and quickly--once the right coaching hire was made. Either Bo will turn it around or someone else will, but the Nebraska program will be fine over the long haul. Having said that, the turnaround needs to come soon, because these blowout losses to decent competition are getting very, very old.

agree and these schools were not afraid to keep showing coaches the door until they found the right one...good gawd folks, stop the crap about how we cant get a coach as good as USC or Texas.....if we cant attract a great coach, how do we get the kids to beat those teams...???

purely illogical...show Bo the door!

agree and these schools were not afraid to keep showing coaches the door until they found the right one...good gawd folks, stop the crap about how we cant get a coach as good as USC or Texas.....if we cant attract a great coach, how do we get the kids to beat those teams...???

purely illogical...show Bo the door!

we don't.

agreed. What is weird is that NU is, essentially, no longer a "football" school. Football is still emphasized... but to warrant being a football school in the sense of having a nationally competitive program... the results of the last decade plus a few --- coupled with the current trajectory makes it impossible to call NU any longer a football school. It is an historic football program... but no longer a football school.

agree...so what to we have to lose?...Bo Pelini.....hell, anyone we bring in should be able to beat the patsies and hang 8 wins each year...you guys are afraid of your own damn shadows....

agree...so what to we have to lose?...Bo Pelini.....hell, anyone we bring in should be able to beat the patsies and hang 8 wins each year...you guys are afraid of your own damn shadows....

this simply is not true. i am sure mich. thought that when they brought in rich rod. and nd with weis.