Monday Morning Press Conference

epocSoN

Listening to Bo so far this morning, it seems that he is taking this loss and current trend of the program just as seriously as the fans are. This may be the most honest response from Bo we have seen to date.

I'm glad he is taking what happened Saturday seriously, and not avoiding it with coach speak as he has done in the past. I think Bo is really feeling the urgency for success here.

I'll post some quotes as the Q&A starts.

Link to the stream - http://www.omaha.com/article/20130916/HUSKERS/130919034/1001

I’m probably in the minority here but I have to “root” for the guy and I sincerely hope he can right the ship

I don't think you are in the minority. I think the vast majority of Husker Nation likes Bo as a person, and a mentor for these kids. But the bottom line is that he doesn't consistently win important games, and when you are losing games, being a great person doesn't buy you a ton of slack.

• Fire 4

I’m probably in the minority here but I have to “root” for the guy and I sincerely hope he can right the ship

you are in no minority --- probably w/o exception every poster here wants Bo to right the ship. There are those who think it unlikely (like me) and thus advocate for a coaching change thinking that "righting the ship" is more probable under someone else (again like me).

But everyone here --- I assume --- would rather see the ship righted sooner rather than later --- no matter who is in charge.

I thought at times in the first half we did a lot of good thing defensively. For whatever reason in the second half, they didn't change much and we didn't change much. We didn't execute, got on our heels and played passively and non-aggressively. It was as much of a mental thing as a physical thing