Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

Joe Broekemeier @Joebro9

If you played for @BoPelini I know your with me and furious right now. That man would do ANYTHING ANYTHING for his players! Very sad day

All due respect, Joe, but so what?

The issue at hand is not, and never has been, whether Bo supports and is there for his players. We've always known that to be the case.

Just because you're a former player doesn't mean you're excused to make strawman arguments.

Because he's a good man to have at Head Coach and now there's going to be a ton of embarrassing, negative backlash on him for something stupid he said in private two years ago when he let his emotions get the better of him.

• Fire 1

No idea what line of work you're in but have you ever disparaged any of your customers when you thought they couldn't hear you?

We're really gonna compare the relationship between a coach and passionate fan to a guy at the grocery store checkout counter and the guy buying brownie mix with an expired coupon?

You conveniently left out the context of the previous poster saying we're his customers and we pay the bills.

Okay, let's think about a couple of things about this audio tape for a minute before we all go and get our panties in a bunch because Bo Pelini isn't allowed to have feelings:

1) This tape was recorded in 2011. You know, that year when Taylor Martinez was being hounded by the media? You know the year when Dirkity Derp Chatelain was taking his asshattery to a new level? The year when Taylor was called out in Spanish class and was booed off the field at halftime? That year? I'm sorry, but could any of you not have any bad feelings regarding Husker fans then. Even I was saying f*** these fans at that game.

2) I think since 2011, Bo has gotten more comfortable with the media, with the fans, with everybody in general--and the fan support has been there to back him up. So why are we making the assumption that Bo feels the same way about the fans now as he did in 2011.

3) The person who decided to release this just now is an ass. If you didn't like Bo in 2011 you should've just released it then. Whoever did this is running off an agenda and for all I care they can quit being a fan of this team--there'll be plenty of others who will donate money to the school if it is a booster.

That's all well and good, but does any of it really matter?

This will hang over the program for at least as long as Bo's here, whether we like it or not. The best thing the university can do is make that time as short as possible.

There really are no other options for NU at this point than to part ways with Bo and clean their hands of this at an appropriate point in time... season's end. Earlier than that may be unreasonable (or may not... depending on variables we know little about)

To not part ways with Bo at this point given this tape would then implicate NU beyond what is the case now. Pelini cannot be connected to NU in any way and have NU not look bad. He is now anathema ... by his own conduct (his performance, or lack thereof notwithstanding)

That's so extremely overblown it's not even funny.

Oklahoma State has players getting money and sex for playing

Miami has the same thing

USC

Ohio State

Penn State

and we're mad because Bo said f**k the fans when the irritability was the highest.

This....

Is.....

Ridiculous....

• Fire 3

No idea what line of work you're in but have you ever disparaged any of your customers when you thought they couldn't hear you?

We're really gonna compare the relationship between a coach and passionate fan to a guy at the grocery store checkout counter and the guy buying brownie mix with an expired coupon?

I'm sure either side will use whatever comparison fits their agenda

If anything the man is human, a real person. Seldom PC and straight forward. Some of you live in a velvet world with ponies running around your front room, pixie dust falling on computers. Real world, real world. Two years ago. Still here and working just as hard, and has made serious inroads to correcting his actions.

Thank God you never were in the Marine Corps or spent time in hostile action, your little ears would have fallen off.

I agree, I do not hold this against him one bit

• Fire 1

I'll say it, though. I couldn't care less what Bo said in private two years ago when he was angry or venting. He never did and never would give this kind of treatment publicly to the fanbase. The release of this is designed to offend, but for all of my extensive criticism of Bo over the years, I don't hold this one against him one bit.

Count me in this group - count every single person on this message board in this group. Each and every one of us have said something inappropriate or hurtful about or towards someone else, and we often only say those things when we think nobody can hear us or spread it out.

Should he have said it? No. Do I hold it against him? No. The problem Pelini and the team have with the media is that they listen to all the negativity and act like it's what the majority think. People that are happy don't often seek a medium to profess their happiness. It's people with an opinion - and often a negative one - that want to be heard.

As far as I'm concerned apologize, move on and coach some football, Bo.

• Fire 1

@HuskerExtraBR3m

Looking back at this morning's news conference, and the declaration of no Monday practice, I get the sense Bo knew this was coming out.

I've been following Brian Rosenthal on twitter for two days and this is the second time he's made me reconsider.

If Bo knew this was coming, he'd have to be the dumbest brick on the face of the earth not to get out in front of it. If he knew this was coming and did nothing pre-emptively, he should be fired, because there's no way somebody that dumb will ever win a conference championship.

@HuskerExtraBR3m

Looking back at this morning's news conference, and the declaration of no Monday practice, I get the sense Bo knew this was coming out.

I've been following Brian Rosenthal on twitter for two days and this is the second time he's made me reconsider.

If Bo knew this was coming, he'd have to be the dumbest brick on the face of the earth not to get out in front of it. If he knew this was coming and did nothing pre-emptively, he should be fired, because there's no way somebody that dumb will ever win a conference championship.

People react to different things in different ways. Consider that next time you pass a judgment like that.

Of course former players who played for him will stand up for him. It's like being a reference for Bo. Now on the other hand, it will be interesting to see what players during the Osborne era have to say about this whole thing.

What about those who played during the Devaney era, or Solich era, or Callahan era?