Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

The sellout streak is one of the last few things we Husker fans have left. If the fan base throws a temper tantrum over Bo Pelini and ends that streak they'll regret it.

Five, ten years from now when Bo's gone and we cherish the last few traditions and streaks we have left nobody is going to be happy that we threw it away over this.

If the fans seriously entertain ending the sellout streak over this, I f'ing quit and I'm picking a new team because we're a bunch of spoiled babys.

• Fire 1

Bo just released a public apology after talking with Eichorst and Perlman. If he were about to get the axe I think they would all be very quiet right now. I don't think Bo is going anywhere. Yet.

l

do you think Bo has jeopardized the sell out streak?

The sellout streak is one of the last few things we Husker fans have left. If the fan base throws a temper tantrum over Bo Pelini and ends that streak they'll regret it.

Five, ten years from now when Bo's gone and we cherish the last few traditions and streaks we have left nobody is going to be happy that we threw it away over this.

you mean like the blackshirt tradition?

Not even close to the same thing

It is a bit perplexing, not that many still support Bo overall, but the length which some will go to support and defend him against all criticism.

I get the feeling there are a few here who, if Bo kicked them in the balls then pushed their grandma down the stairs, would be the first to stick up for him. I guess the on-the-field product is just so overwhelmingly great that it trumps all else.

Bo just released a public apology after talking with Eichorst and Perlman. If he were about to get the axe I think they would all be very quiet right now. I don't think Bo is going anywhere. Yet.

l

true enough.

support the program. NU is bigger than football and NU football is bigger than the coach. Support NU and the football program and go to the games --- no matter what the view of the coach is.

l

you mean like the blackshirt tradition?

That's not our tradition to control, though. We have opinions on that which amount to a fart in the wind, but we control the sellout streak. We also control the reputation for welcoming we do when visitors come to Lincoln, we control the applause we give to opponents when they leave the field win or lose, and we control how many tacky red blazers adorn the stands on a game day.

after 646 posts or so about this, ill say I don't care about Bo telling me to f&*@ off....could care less about the audio and could care less of what he thinks of me/us, fans....I just want this program restored....losing to (insert team here) the way we did hurts me far more than Bo telling me to f off.... how many of us have been in the pressure cooker he is in....and how many of us maybe wouldn't/hasn't said the same things in supposed privacy.....I don't care, I just want us to get winning again!!!

it is kind of funny how some in the national press think we are an unreasonable or delusional fan-base, yet are the first to mock us after blowouts. i think we are quite reasonable. get some conf. champs and be in contention for a national champ. every so often. and compete in every game.

however, i will say good luck replacing a coach that consistently wins 9 games a year when ut and usc may be looking for new coaches.

that scares me.

• Fire 1

The sellout streak reflects the passion and the unwavering support of the Nebraska fans.

What else do we have to sell to recruits? A lot of flat land, so you can see very far?

It'd be bitterly ironic if the best fans in all of college football gave up their sellout streak flipping out over a comment by the head coach on fairweather fans who abandoned their seats.

• Fire 2

If the fans seriously entertain ending the sellout streak over this, I f'ing quit and I'm picking a new team because we're a bunch of spoiled babys.

No doubt. Why prove Bo's comments correct.

The only thing I take from this is the people who released this tape are sad, weak individuals. What a f- ing joke. Do you really want our head coach fired as a result of this BS tape? Now, whatever's decision is made regarding Bo, it will be clouded by this tape and make us look like f-ing pu*****. F-ing weak.

(Note: I hope there is no record of this rant and i especially hope no one uses it two years from now against me).

• Fire 1

Jesus, Dirk Chatelain is such an idiot. At least Tom Shatel has the good sense to stay out of it.

Wouldn't be surprised in the least if he's flat out responsible for it.

While Dirk in his own way is a press version of Bo & Taylor, making mistakes and publicly goofing up, I doubt seriously he's behind this release. I would be surprised if any of our local well-known reporters from the OWH or LJS, or any of the local TV stations, were responsible for this.

Judge a man by his actions and merit, not by words when pissed off. Bo has NEVER been a fan of the media. That is no secret.

I again wish he could be himself. Get mad, throw a head set, Hell Spurrier was up 28-0 and throwing his visor like no one's business. About 3 times IIRC. Angry Bo was a winner. PC Bo (and the Huskers by proxy) are losers. If Bo is always keeping his "real self" under wraps, it has to effect his coaching.

His actions with team Jack, embracing former players etc shows he appreciates the "Nebraska way". He has made comments about the fans before. IIRC, "we like to play on the road better", "fans don't understand" etc... This shouldn't come as a shock.

The kids will rally around Bo as they did Frank (and then Bo in the bowl game) or they will completely tank. I think the team truly likes Bo.

My issue, much like Frank in 2002, was the crappy staff he surrounded himself with. Really wish we had kept him after 2003.

Agreed.

bullsh#t, he is paid to act like a professional....if he can't control his temper, he is useless.

No, he is paid to win and help the players suceed in life.