Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

I'm curious if Perlman and Eichorst are still thinking things through. I mean, the way I see it nothing good can come of this. It could end up being a cancer for the players and the way the offense has been below average so far with all the experience it has and the youth on defense... this could be Bo's first season we don't win 9 games. So I'm all for Bo scrapping ideas now and mixing things up on both sides of the ball now rather than later. He learned last year he didn't burn red shirts when he probably should have.

I'll be shocked if Bo doesn't part ways with NU after this season. It's purely speculation but I'd guess the wheels will be in motion very soon if not already. Eichorst and Pelini will call it a mutual break up. He ends up as a DC at USC under whoever replaces Kiffin.

He's been looking at other schools already and I think this is the straw that breaks the camels back.

Anything less than 11-2 or 11-3 and I can see this happening.

I think he did this year, 4 times I can think of: cell phone prank, harlem shuffle, jack hoffman td run and his admitting TODAY that he is pushing the fun out of the game for the boys... 2 years ago means little for what is currently happening.

Can't have fun when you're being taken to the woodshed. He's just running out of excuses for another poor performance overall.

Y ofth

3 of the 4 examples were before regular season play started. I get people are pissed, I pay a lot too... Bo is a victim this time, its al vety suspect and sh@t blizzard'esque...little too perfect, ya know?

Tim Marlowe@iSet_Tones6m

Can't remain silent any longer. Coach Bo is the best thing for this program. Highest graduation rate ever, highest GPA ever, top 5 program >

Tim Marlowe@iSet_Tones5m

In wins last 5 years behind Alabama, Oregon, Boise St. Not bad company. Wake up ppl. Took T.O. 10 years to win 11 games in a yr. Stick with>

Tim Marlowe@iSet_Tones4m

The process and let these coaches continue to groom these young men into winners on and off the field. Look at the big picture.

• Fire 1

Look, we all realize Bo likes to use the fug word, I'm sure it was mentioned a couple dozen times during his first born's baptism.

I don't think it offends most ppl, and we all know coaches will be coaches and most don't love the media.

Unfortunately when something flies into a deadspin with the velocity of a piece of gum from Bo's mouth, it aint slowing down anytime soon. Be prepared for this to reach all of the nooks & crannies of Husker Nation. This will become the topic of conversation for quite a while - b/c there just isn't much better to talk about right now.

The result - every Husker fan on the planet will hear about this eventually. Many will shrug it off, but I have a feeling many will not. Regardless of when this was uttered or whether he said these words in the grips of intense labor pains, Bo was not intoxicated and knew exactly what he was saying.

I don't see Husker fans forgetting this. Husker fans want their leader to love being a Husker as much or more than they do. And here are 2 of the things Husker fans want the very least from their humble leader:

1) A person who belittles them and doesn't respect the tradition of "the Husker fan" - considering the sellout streak no other program compares to, it's tough to question this.

2) A person who alludes to riding off on his high horse with double barrel middle fingers blazing.

Not that I agree, but short of a Big 10 championship birth & very competitive game vs OSU, I don't see Mr. Bo outshining these images come judgement day at season's end.

Good luck sir.

• Fire 1

Holy cow. This thread is some serious whiplash. Castrate Bo to circle the wagons in 5 hours.

No one looks good in this mess. But good God is Pelini immature with the media. Is it his opinion that anyone who writes something critical of program is evil? If he just cannot handle bad press then we need a team of people to shelter him Truman Show style.

If we're starting a poll on who is the leaker, I vote Cotton. A man can only take so much.