Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

16 pages in a day? Nearly 800 posts? 281 people viewing this thread at 10PM Central? Dang HB.

I'm not reading all that so someone bottom line the consensus for me...fire Bo or no fire Bo?

It was originally fire Bo then it devolved into shooting the messenger.

Hmm. It is kind of low handed of whomever released the audio. Either put it out there the week of the 2011 OSU-NU game or let it die. Holding it for two years until you're sufficiently pissed off about some other game just seems kind of cowardly.

That being said I think you guys need to get real about where you stand and how this all will probably play out. Bo has one, maybe two, blowout losses left. They're going to happen. His position will be even worse if he refuses to change anything with coordinators and assistants. I'd say end of this season or definitely by the end of '14 you'll go out and get a new coach, hopefully with ties to NU, who has head coaching experience.

16 pages in a day? Nearly 800 posts? 281 people viewing this thread at 10PM Central? Dang HB.

I'm not reading all that so someone bottom line the consensus for me...fire Bo or no fire Bo?

Hmm. It is kind of low handed of whomever released the audio. Either put it out there the week of the 2011 OSU-NU game or let it die. Holding it for two years until you're sufficiently pissed off about some other game just seems kind of cowardly.

That being said I think you guys need to get real about where you stand and how this all will probably play out. Bo has one, maybe two, blowout losses left. They're going to happen and then you'll go out and get a coach, hopefully with ties to NU, who has head coaching experience.

I just see it as a crummy situation all around for Nebraska. Even when this all blows over there's no scenario in which having Bo as the coach will be a positive in the long run. Either we continue to wither away or he turns it around just enough for him to repair his damaged reputation, and he bolts.

And yeah, I agree the person who released it is a weasel. But that's pretty inconsequential to the matter at hand.

snapback.pngBowfin, on 16 September 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

Tom Osborne said "dad gum" once and brought home 3 National Championships to balance it out...but I guess if Bo is Nebraska's new standard, we'll go with it. :worship

That is true......though TO was nearly ran off about 15 years before the first of those three.

Yeah, but Osborne kept his mouth shut and instead concentrated on putting a better team on the field, so we all lived happily ever after.

I realize that performances like the UCLA come at a price, and how much and how many trash talking tirades one is willing to accept to get curb stomped by UCLA is a personal preference, so mine might not line up with yours, and I'm okay with that.

That being said I think you guys need to get real about where you stand and how this all will probably play out. Bo has one, maybe two, blowout losses left. They're going to happen. His position will be even worse if he refuses to change anything with coordinators and assistants. I'd say end of this season or definitely by the end of '14 you'll go out and get a new coach, hopefully with ties to NU, who has head coaching experience.

Shouldn't you be rant blogging about how wisky screwed the pooch at the end of the game against ASU, and then took it again from the officials

Shouldn't you be rant blogging about how wisky screwed the pooch at the end of the game against ASU, and then took it again from the officials

Sure.

I am not sure if this has been posted, as I went back a page and can't find it, but Bo did release a statement. This is from HuskerOnline, which this article is free to the public to read.

"I want to sincerely apologize for my comments from two years ago which became public today. I take full responsibility for these comments. They were spoken in a private room following the Ohio State game. I was venting following a series of emotional events which led to this moment. That being said, these comments are in no way indicative of my true feelings. I love it here in Nebraska and feel fortunate to be associated with such a great University and fan base. I again apologize to anyone whom I have offended."

Thats what I was saying/thinking...cooler heads will prevail. Patience young kernels, patience...

• Fire 1

Holy cow. This thread is some serious whiplash. Castrate Bo to circle the wagons in 5 hours.

No one looks good in this mess. But good God is Pelini immature with the media. Is it his opinion that anyone who writes something critical of program is evil? If he just cannot handle bad press then we need a team of people to shelter him Truman Show style.

If we're starting a poll on who is the leaker, I vote Cotton. A man can only take so much.

I love this idea. We need a crazy conspiracy poll.....let's see....the salt water aquarium guy is too obvious...it's never that obvious in mystery movies...Bo doesn't have a butler that we know of....Shawn watson is doing too well in Louisville to care...we ask this question....who stood to gain the most? Aw hell Obama always works so that's who I blame...