Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

I don't know how I feel about this. If these comments were made today, or this season, I would be concerned, or bothered at least. Rather, this was said 2 years ago, before he signed his contract, and before he had opened up to the fans. I don't believe this guy feels this way. Nebraska is NOT a good place for a first time head coach, and he vented. May not have been his true feelings, as we have all said things we haven't meant before. This fan base is spoiled, and harsh. There is no denying that. I do strongly believe that we ride our players and coaches more than a lot of other fan bases out there, and we feel we have that right. That isn't a bad thing, it just shows our passion for something we have all grown up cherishing. If Bo truly felt this way, I don't think we would have seen him sign that new contract, rather he would have taken another HC job when offered, even if it was a step down. I also don't think he would have opened up to the fan base/media like he has. With the prank, harlem shake and some interviews he was never forced to do.

Jermarcus Hardrick@Yoshi_Hardrick2m

Bo Pelini is the best man for the Husker job. I promise he prepares like no other & coaches beyond football, sets you up for life

Jermarcus Hardrick@Yoshi_Hardrick3m

Because of you @BoPelini . I switch schools on signing day, was committed to LSU for 2 years. Things changed after my meeting with you

This is what should mean the most. When these players know Bo a lot more than we do. Hardrick didn't even get that good of playing time when he was a high profile guy. And he did not hesitate to say good things about Bo. Like i've heard before, every single college coach has said something or another that never gets to the public. Unfortunately some ass hat tipped off deadspin. I'd be pissed too at all of the f&%ktards who leave the game early. Hell you can go back and see me bitching in the woodshed about the people who left with 7 minutes left in the Wyoming game. We sure do like to have the best of both worlds here. We may be the greatest fans as far as gestures toward opponents go. But damn we don't hesitate to rip this program to shreds if it doesn't go our way, myself included.

I'm still baffled as to why so many point to the UCLA game, because many (this board was full of them) figured the Bruins were going to score 70 and put 700 yards on the defense.

I've been saying the exact same thing...

difference is we were leading at the half. We had a chance to win and blew it. If UCLA had come out and straight up blown us out most wouldn't be as pissed as they are now. they scored 38 pts in the second half we scored 0. how in the hell do you let that happen?

I am not sure if this has been posted, as I went back a page and can't find it, but Bo did release a statement. This is from HuskerOnline, which this article is free to the public to read.

"I want to sincerely apologize for my comments from two years ago which became public today. I take full responsibility for these comments. They were spoken in a private room following the Ohio State game. I was venting following a series of emotional events which led to this moment. That being said, these comments are in no way indicative of my true feelings. I love it here in Nebraska and feel fortunate to be associated with such a great University and fan base. I again apologize to anyone whom I have offended."

I find it interesting that about the same time Bo claims we ". . .don't need [Tommie Frazier]," this comes out.

Might be a former player unhappy about that comment (among other things). I'm with knapp; doubt it's the media. Maybe we'll never know.

I said something about this earlier. I think he pissed off one Tommie's loyalist.

I find it interesting that about the same time Bo claims we ". . .don't need [Tommie Frazier]," this comes out.

Might be a former player unhappy about that comment (among other things). I'm with knapp; doubt it's the media. Maybe we'll never know.

I said something about this earlier. I think he pissed off one Tommie's loyalist.

If the Tommie/Bo kerfluffle is why this tape was released today that makes it even more absurd. That was a non-story destined to die off in less than 48 hours.

You have this tape, you hold it for just the right moment the last couple of years, and you release it... today? Then you, person who released this, are an idiot.

I'm curious if Perlman and Eichorst are still thinking things through. I mean, the way I see it nothing good can come of this. It could end up being a cancer for the players and the way the offense has been below average so far with all the experience it has and the youth on defense... this could be Bo's first season we don't win 9 games. So I'm all for Bo scrapping ideas now and mixing things up on both sides of the ball now rather than later. He learned last year he didn't burn red shirts when he probably should have.