Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

snapback.pngBowfin, on 16 September 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

Tom Osborne said "dad gum" once and brought home 3 National Championships to balance it out...but I guess if Bo is Nebraska's new standard, we'll go with it. :worship

That is true......though TO was nearly ran off about 15 years before the first of those three.

Yeah, but Osborne kept his mouth shut and instead concentrated on putting a better team on the field, so we all lived happily ever after.

I realize that performances like the UCLA come at a price, and how much and how many trash talking tirades one is willing to accept to get curb stomped by UCLA is a personal preference, so mine might not line up with yours, and I'm okay with that.

There's a UCLA thread on here somewhere. It doesn't change the "Yeah, but" that TO was looking. And the bigger point is we've seen what it looks like to fire a head coach every six years and we've seen what can happen with longevity.

I would go with Greg Sharpe. Wasn't it said a year or two ago, Sharpe is one of the few Bo actually trusts? You know the old saying, "Keep your friends close but your enemies closer." Plus he was a purple kitty to which we all know they hated our winning tradition. He was in the room when it happened and I can hear a close whisper to the microphone during the recording saying, "Yeah..." it does sound a lot like Greg. Plus the microphone made all kinds of noise and again, you heard Greg's voice. It had to come from the radio crew because it was before HIS show with Bo. You have to go with the first leads on this one.

• Fire 1

What a shame. For me and those that live outside of Nebraska, that root and support the Huskers nationwide, man this is not good. It's extremely difficult to stand up for him and his words when people are mocking and laughing at us and our Coach. It's hard to defend this. Either get in a fist fight or just take it on the chin while others laugh. Dammit Bo.

I support Pelini 100%. Everyone at some point in their life has gotten pissed when they're stressed and said things they later regret. Firing Pelini over UCLA (which is obviously the real reason this recording was released) would be the stupidest thing that Nebraska could do. We'd undoubtedly end up in even worse shape than under Callahan. Whoever released this recording to play "football politics" really is a f***er.

This is obviously extremely embarrassing for Bo, but it has not exactly been a secret that Bo has felt very at odds with the fanbase over the years. The whole 'us against the world' mentality he instills in the team comes from it. He doesn't feel the fanbase is out to help the program and struggles to really embrace a group that he feels is at his throat. Which, a portion of them, really are. But largely aren't.

And now this.

I'll say it, though. I couldn't care less what Bo said in private two years ago when he was angry or venting. He never did and never would give this kind of treatment publicly to the fanbase. The release of this is designed to offend, but for all of my extensive criticism of Bo over the years, I don't hold this one against him one bit.

This times a hundred. Every single person on this board at one time or another has said something in the heat of the moment that they never actually even believe or meant to say. This situation doesn't change my mind about Bo at all. I still support him

I would go with Greg Sharpe. Wasn't it said a year or two ago, Sharpe is one of the few Bo actually trusts? You know the old saying, "Keep your friends close but your enemies closer." Plus he was a purple kitty to which we all know they hated our winning tradition. He was in the room when it happened and I can hear a close whisper to the microphone during the recording saying, "Yeah..." it does sound a lot like Greg. Plus the microphone made all kinds of noise and again, you heard Greg's voice. It had to come from the radio crew because it was before HIS show with Bo. You have to go with the first leads on this one.

Yes, Greg was in the room, that is who Bo was openly talking to. Then they start the show and record it. It's placed on a computer and then anyone who has access to that computer has access to the audio clip.