Deadspin just dropped a bomb - "fu fans"

Saunders

so does anyone wonder who the COWARD was that couldn't even say that he or she recorded a private conversation without permission? No One on this board can say they have never said things they wish they wouldn't have. No I don't want this type of behavior in our program, but I still thing the person who did this did more damage than what Bo did. If Bo should lose his job it should be by performance ONLY. The media is making this out to be MUCH worse than it actually is.

This is a disgrace to the University, the football program and its fan base. Bo needs fired and fired now. No questions. Bob, Tom and many others have worked too dam hard to put the university, football program in the place it is. If the current administration looks the other way in this matter it will have ruined everything the fore mentioned have done to put Nebraska where it is.

Bingo! Well said! This is not the first time all of the Nation has witnessed the crude and undisciplined demeanor of Bo Pelini. And, he will do it again. It is his nature.

I read the first 14 pages last night and haven't read the remaining yet. But I still haven't seen anyone point out Bo's hypocrisy.

He cites being pissed off at the fans for leaving and booing, and then he goes on to say ""Our crowd. What a bunch of ****ing fair-weather ****ing—they can all kiss my ass out the ****ing door. 'Cause the day is ****ing coming now. We'll see what they can do when I'm ****ing gone. "

So he's pissed off and cites them leaving because things were down, and then he points out how he's going to leave the program. That's hypocrisy in it's finest moment.

The whole thing shines a bright light on the man's character.

The below quotes are from this recent article: http://www.omaha.com...SKERS/130729340

“It's important to realize, more than ever, that kids are looking for role models,” Osborne said.

Osborne referenced consistency in everything you do, such as poise on the sideline “when things are falling apart.” And if you're looking for good character and principles in your athletes, you'd better show it in your own personal life and day-to-day actions. “You have to model the behavior that you want,” Osborne said.

Grant Teaff said that trickle-down effect can go beyond those inside the walls of the program. He recalled how his Baylor team was treated with respect during a visit to Memorial Stadium, which moved him to write a letter to the Lincoln newspaper the following week. “I have always believed fans are a reflection of a team's coach,” he said.

This isn't about how this was a low-blow releasing it at this time; it's not his use of the foul language; it's about his moral character and seeing what's on the inside of the man. Integrity is about doing the right thing when no one is looking, and that especially holds true when you are a mentor, a teacher, and a coach at Nebraska.

• Fire 2

I don't think Bo said anything different than any of us would in a frustrating time. I think we should all take a step back and support this football team, and see how they respond during this time of turmoil. This tape is from freaking two years ago and Bo has already apologised about how he has acted in the past. I also think the little bi** that recorded the conversation should get a beat down. This guy is a punk for dropping this video now. Maybe he should have dropped it the week that Bo said these things instead of two years later. Obviously he was all about making something off of the tape instead of the best interest of this program. I am all about supporting this team and seeing what changes this coaching staff makes.

I am also not very confident that if we do make some changes that we will be able to bring in any big splashes that would be an impact to recruits and players that we have here. We need to be careful as a fan base of what we say, recruits read these threads and it is easier to lose recruits than to keep them with how our base is acting right now.

This is a disgrace to the University, the football program and its fan base. Bo needs fired and fired now. No questions. Bob, Tom and many others have worked too dam hard to put the university, football program in the place it is. If the current administration looks the other way in this matter it will have ruined everything the fore mentioned have done to put Nebraska where it is.

Absolutely not. Our fanbase is already being mocked nationally for being "outraged" about this. To fire Bo right now would make us look like petty children.

“It's important to realize, more than ever, that kids are looking for role models,” Osborne said.

Pelini admitted he was wrong and apologized. That's something most younger adults don't see much of these days. Mostly it's "I didn't do anything worse than so and so" or "Anyone in my shoes would have done the same." (Seen a lot of THAT as of late) There is also Pelini as an example of what NOT to do, and a close up view of this whole mess is a lesson from which the team can learn.

I admit I had fun lampooning the whole incident in the "Would the Mods ban Pelini?" thread, but an apology is good enough for me. Seriously. Next time it might be me.

Best Pelini's attention not be divided between this and the team. Criticisms about an overly complicated defense are still valid debating material, though.

Pelini admitted he was wrong and apologized. That's something most younger adults don't see much of these days. Mostly it's "I didn't do anything worse than so and so" or "Anyone in my shoes would have done the same." (Seen a lot of THAT as of late) There is also Pelini as an example of what NOT to do, and a close up view of this whole mess is a lesson from which the team can learn.

I admit I had fun lampooning the whole incident in the "Would the Mods ban Pelini?" thread, but an apology is good enough for me. Seriously. Next time it might be me.

Best Pelini's attention not be divided between this and the team. Criticisms about an overly complicated defense are still valid debating material, though.

No, to this point, someone prepared a statement that was attributed to Pelini.

I am ok with forgiving the man; but how many won't? I am just saying the thing that makes this messy to me is his character as a man.

Best thing Bo could do would be to sit down in front of a camera and speak openly and honestly to the fans. Apologize off the cuff, show sincerity, and tell them he's going to work hard to show that statement was then, and he's changed now.

And then back that up with clear evidence of change over the next several months.

• Fire 3

Best thing Bo could do would be to sit down in front of a camera and speak openly and honestly to the fans. Apologize off the cuff, show sincerity, and tell them he's going to work hard to show that statement was then, and he's changed now.

And then back that up with clear evidence of change over the next several months.

Yep, I posted earlier in this thread that he should have been in front of a camera and earnestly said how much he is sorry and hopes he can be forgiven by the fans. The problem is, I'm not sure he really is sorry.

• Fire 1