Shawn Eichorst and Harvey Perlman

carlfense

I saw Harvey in Omaha the other day. I gave him a Perl of Knowledge when I told him, "You suck."

Then I understand why you would think Bo Pelini's behavior is normal.

I'm glad most adult people I know and work with don't function in this way.

Bo Pelini's behavior is normal. So what? He gets mad, he defends his players, he defends what is important to him. And he does it in a way that you might not like, but because you don't like the way he does it doesn't make it abnormal. It makes it different than what you would do. I have a hard time with people who can seemingly pass judgment about your behavior in a situation you have never been in. Yes you know yourself, but you don't know the situation, and you must be smart enough to recognize that the situation you find yourself in dictates a good part of your behavior.

As for the second line of that dumpster fire of a post, I like how you felt it was necessary to include the word 'adult' when describing people to imply that I'm a child. Once again, way to pass judgment about a person based on what they say on a message board. I would hope that you would be smart enough (I mean you had your own run in with this kind of situation not too long ago) to understand that message board posts are devoid of context, tone, inflection, et cetera; all of which could change the meaning of the post. But hey, maybe that's not what adults you know think like.

With regards to Harvey, I should say that I don't care much about the guy. He's the chancellor of the University that I attend, and that's about all I know or care to know. For anyone who thinks I'd have the audacity to say something like that to a person I know or care hardly anything about, you are dead wrong.

Youre not a child?

fooled me, and I've met you. :lol:

I saw Harvey in Omaha the other day. I gave him a Perl of Knowledge when I told him, "You suck."

Then I understand why you would think Bo Pelini's behavior is normal.

I'm glad most adult people I know and work with don't function in this way.

Bo Pelini's behavior is normal. So what? He gets mad, he defends his players, he defends what is important to him. And he does it in a way that you might not like, but because you don't like the way he does it doesn't make it abnormal. It makes it different than what you would do. I have a hard time with people who can seemingly pass judgment about your behavior in a situation you have never been in. Yes you know yourself, but you don't know the situation, and you must be smart enough to recognize that the situation you find yourself in dictates a good part of your behavior.

As for the second line of that dumpster fire of a post, I like how you felt it was necessary to include the word 'adult' when describing people to imply that I'm a child. Once again, way to pass judgment about a person based on what they say on a message board. I would hope that you would be smart enough (I mean you had your own run in with this kind of situation not too long ago) to understand that message board posts are devoid of context, tone, inflection, et cetera; all of which could change the meaning of the post. But hey, maybe that's not what adults you know think like.

With regards to Harvey, I should say that I don't care much about the guy. He's the chancellor of the University that I attend, and that's about all I know or care to know. For anyone who thinks I'd have the audacity to say something like that to a person I know or care hardly anything about, you are dead wrong.

Youre not a child?

fooled me, and I've met you. :lol:

I may look like a child, but remember, I did have a beer with you. Not a very adult thing of you to do ;)

Oh, Tom is responsible too. It's why he left.

But Harvey lying to the media about this is more disconcerting. I heard rumors about this existing last summer. There's no way in hell Harvey didn't know.

Do you think that this is all that there is? I'd be somewhat shocked if there isn't more to come.

There might be more out there, but I doubt it gets released. If there's someone that people are more pissed at than Bo, it's the guy who leaked this.

Harvey is a very able chancellor by all accounts, and most of the opinion to the contrary is that he reprimanded Bo one time. Bo deserved it. The backlash against HP is ridiculous.

How many other university presidents have taken it upon themselves to chastise a member of Athletic Department in the media, barring a huge scandal?

How many have had to?

I think you underestimate the severity of the issue then. The university was never really blind to Bo's antics. AFAIK, they tired to get Bo the message on multiple occasions before that incident. It wasn't getting through.

I'm sorry, but this pales in comparison to Arkansas, Penn State, Ohio State, USC, etc...

I'd agree you with there, but it's no less serious when Bo is causing issues with the way he treats people and all efforts by the administration are not going through. Additionally, I think we can only know nebulously that this wasn't the first time and there's more, but we can't speak exactly to what it was.

Being a program-shaking scandal isn't the line for when an administration needs to step up their efforts to get someone to hear the message.

I'm in Bo's corner, too, but there's very little to chafe at Harvey over, other than maybe his awkwardly uninteresting Harlem Shake video.