Texas, USC, Nebraska - hot seat coaches?

TGHusker

Back to my original post - would we be at a terrible disadvantage if we had to compete wt Tx and USC for a coach? What Landlord said is very true - I don't think it has to be the next Saban but someone who can embrace our culture. I don't think we have to go through another 'coach in training' session.

I mentioned in another thread...(and listed them back 4-5 years)...each year there are 4 or so schools that are considered better destinations than Nebraska. In addition to that, there are another 2-4 openings we'd have to compete against. So if it's TX/USC this year, it'll be something like Alabama/Florida/Michigan next year. Doesn't matter what year we decide to pull the plug on the Pelini deal, we'll be competing with a number of schools, and because of where recruiting is we'll be at a disadvantage to many of them.

Am I missing something here? Does anyone honestly believe Eichorst was hired to fire the football coach and hire a new one? I'm not buying it. Unless we undergo a major meltdown like 2007 or Bo leaves on his own accord, I can't see Eichorst heading up the committee for our next football coach this early in his tenure at UNL. If Eichorst doesn't head up the committee, do we put that trust back into TO's hands? Is that three strikes you're out or three times a charm?

That's why I want Bo to succeed. He gets it.

I have wanted to believe this. He runs a clean program. He has embraced publicly the history and traditions. He graduates good kids. This is a large part of why I have supported him in arguments with other Husker fans.

BUT, there is a lot on this tape that flies in the face about what Nebraska is all about.

Someone who "get's it" is not going to hate being here.

• Fire 2

Am I missing something here? Does anyone honestly believe Eichorst was hired to fire the football coach and hire a new one? I'm not buying it. Unless we undergo a major meltdown like 2007 or Bo leaves on his own accord, I can't see Eichorst heading up the committee for our next football coach this early in his tenure at UNL. If Eichorst doesn't head up the committee, do we put that trust back into TO's hands? Is that three strikes you're out or three times a charm?

I'd have to think Eichorst is more than capable, otherwise he wouldn't be the AD at Nebraska. And putting it in TO's hands would completely undermine his position. I'm sure he'd consult TO, boosters, the president and a whole bunch of other people...but he'd be doing the hiring.

I have wanted to believe this. He runs a clean program. He has embraced publicly the history and traditions. He graduates good kids. This is a large part of why I have supported him in arguments with other Husker fans.

BUT, there is a lot on this tape that flies in the face about what Nebraska is all about.

Do you think he still hates being here? Well, not NOW, before this storm. Seems like many are taking comments from emotional time two years ago as Pelini's current thoughts. A lot has changed.

Do you think he still hates being here? Well, not NOW, before this storm. Seems like many are taking comments from emotional time two years ago as Pelini's current thoughts. A lot has changed.

I have heard rumors ever since he was here that he was looking at other jobs. I dismissed them and supported Bo. I read somewhere now that he has been looking at other jobs as late as last winter.That

That and the recording from two years ago are all I have to go on.

I have heard rumors ever since he was here that he was looking at other jobs. I dismissed them and supported Bo. I read somewhere now that he has been looking at other jobs as late as last winter.That

That and the recording from two years ago are all I have to go on.

It's impossible to tell whether he is "looking" or "listening". I am never looking but get called 2-3 times a month. I always listen to what they have to say, because I might need them down the road and it would be rude to dismiss the caller. I'm sure it's no different for Bo. There's probably a handful of search firms in the US that handle these big-time coaching positions. If he pisses one of them off - they'll all know, and it'll impact his ability for find a position down the road if he needs to.

I remember Richt being a little bit on the hot seat before for being OK but not elite at Georgia. I think it was something about 9 win or 4 loss seasons.

So I kinda feel like that'd be more of the same.

Georgia has been a lot closer to being elite under Richt than we have under Bo. Maybe better recruiting plays a factor, but I see Richt as being an upgrade.

I think Richt would be prettty good, but then I see their 6-7 season and wonder how that would fly here. And if maybe Bo just needs time.

With our schedule, I don't see Richt fielding a 6-7 team here unless there's a complete and utter meltdown.

At this point, with Richt (or any other better option that I'm aware of) not being directly available, I'm okay with giving Bo more time, but at the same time I won't be heartbroken if we go our separate ways with him.