Martinez held out of practice with turf toe

Ric Flair

Sit Martinez til we actually need him and if he still can't run no point in him being out there, useless.

Ridiculous.

Martinez isn't a pocket passer. His legs are his best weapons. If he can't run the defense will just sit back and not rush since he wouldn't be a threat with his legs. Martinez isn't good enough to beat a defense with his arm the entire game.

Sit Martinez til we actually need him and if he still can't run no point in him being out there, useless.

Ridiculous.

Martinez isn't a pocket passer. His legs are his best weapons. If he can't run the defense will just sit back and not rush since he wouldn't be a threat with his legs. Martinez isn't good enough to beat a defense with his arm the entire game.

This. Martinez is not a difference maker if he can't run. When he can't run, he is average.

If we're a run-first offense predicated on running the zone read (a questionable statement, I realize), telling me my QB can't run is basically the same as saying we can't run the offense. Tommy Armgstrong is the future. I would unquestionably let him take this next game. But the MO under Bo is to let a 75% Martinez play over a 100% backup.

Well, this clears up a lot of the UCLA game criticism from announcers and fans.

He didn't run enough, they said. Now we have a clue why. Hope it heals quicker than is usual. A month or several months is not unheard of for this injury. Hyper-extension of the big toe has got to be painful. I can't imagine trying to run on that. And just the thought of exacerbating it or someone falling on it . . . Ouch!

But the MO under Bo is to let a 75% Martinez play over a 100% backup.

And none of us should voice loud criticism towards that, because Bo and co. are the only ones that know if a 75% Martinez is a better or worse chance to win than a 100% backup.

Play who gives you the best shot to win. Period. If that's a less effective Martinez, then it is.

• Fire 1

IIRC, RKIII would get the start in place of an injured Martinez. If it was long term, possibly several games or season it goes to Armstrong. Sadly, a one dimensional QB in an offense predicated on the running threat equals a loss. Martinez without speed is bad. Watching his initial games this season, I do not think this just happened.

And none of us should voice loud criticism towards that, because Bo and co. are the only ones that know if a 75% Martinez is a better or worse chance to win than a 100% backup.

Play who gives you the best shot to win. Period. If that's a less effective Martinez, then it is.

I am possibly in the minority who thinks a healthy Lee got us another win or 2 in 2010 over a one legged Martinez. If a player is better injured than his back up, we have bigger problems than we think.....

I am possibly in the minority who thinks a healthy Lee got us another win or 2 in 2010 over a one legged Martinez. If a player is better injured than his back up, we have bigger problems than we think.....

We didn't have a healthy Lee.

IIRC, RKIII would get the start in place of an injured Martinez. If it was long term, possibly several games or season it goes to Armstrong. Sadly, a one dimensional QB in an offense predicated on the running threat equals a loss. Martinez without speed is bad. Watching his initial games this season, I do not think this just happened.

\\I

agree, this has escalated since fall practice....another Bo-secret...Bo's pat answer...he's fine....tired of all the lies.