Expectations

np_husker

This has been a terrible week in Husker Nation, no doubt about it. I absolutely do not believe Bo should be fired for a two year old outburst. But his coaching...

I am amazed that nobody is talking about the fact that a coach in his 6th year, with his players, his schemes, $3 mill salary - and we aren't even ranked! Have we really lowered our expectations that much?

This has been a terrible week in Husker Nation, no doubt about it. I absolutely do not believe Bo should be fired for a two year old outburst. But his coaching...

I am amazed that nobody is talking about the fact that a coach in his 6th year, with his players, his schemes, $3 mill salary - and we aren't even ranked! Have we really lowered our expectations that much?

We're not talking about it because Bo sent Deadspin an email . . .

That's funny!

LOL I know youre being facetious, but the thought crossed my mind that this could've been an interesting way to take the focus off the UCLA loss.

I haven't lowered my expectations at all, but I try to be realistic and look at the entire picture. It's unrealistic to expect national titles every year but conference titles are a different story. Bo has gotten us to 3 conference title games and has a chance to do that again. I'm not going to go out and tar and feather the guy 3 games into the year becuase we aren't ranked. :ahhhhhhhh His recruiting classes are getting better and has a ton of talent on this team this year. How about we go through the year and see what happens?

My expectation remains to win every game we play. If we do lose, I ask that we go down in a hard-fought manner, which hasn't happened lately. When we lose, we seem to get beat by ourselves more so than the other team, and that's not very fun to watch.

If Bo gets fired, it will be because of the on-the-field product, not because of this over-blown f-bomb rant that was just released.