Tommy or RKIII

Warrior10

Samuel McKewon@swmckewonOWH HCBP said TA has had a strong couple weeks of practice.

Along with the other tweets about TA getting the start, makes me wonder how strong TA has been looking. Strong enough to say....make the starter jittery enough to look over his shoulder and make mistakes in the last game? Do we under estimate Bo and his dedication to TM? Maybe he's been bringing TA up to speed on his schedule and thought TM could protect TA until he was ready? I doubt all this, but it is a thought.

I like TA getting the start. If he plays well and gets the game in hand, then RKIII comes in for some courtesy field time. If TA struggles, then it is "that's OK, you're young, well send in our experienced senior and RKIII take the true game heat. But...if you start RKIII and he dominates, then how do you justify bringing in the freshman? It has to be in this order in my mind.

The reason I advocate TA is I think he has the running skills to take our offense on long time consuming drives. That is what our young defense needs right now more than anything.

I'm also not convinced that RK III is a better passer than TA.

I am very excited that TA is the favorite to start, probably the most I've been heading into a Husker game in several years. I felt by 2011 we'd reached our ceiling with TM at the helm.

The reason I advocate TA is I think he has the running skills to take our offense on long time consuming drives. That is what our young defense needs right now more than anything.

I am very excited that TA is the favorite to start, probably the most I've been heading into a Husker game in several years. I felt by 2011 we'd reached our ceiling with TM at the helm.

I'm not convinced RK3 is a better passer either. I think a lot of people will be surprised by TA throwing ability. His tape in HS is no joke. Yeah this isn't HS but man can he put the ball in tight spots. I love how he can throw on the run, too. Something Martinez isn't good at. If Taylor does throw on the run, more than likely if he hits the receiver, the receiver always falls down.

The things that stood out to me about the TA film was arm strength with touch and yes he can also buy time and throw on the move.

Those are big time limitations with TM. TM can gun the ball, but he throws poorly on the move and does not handle pressure well.

TA has the potential to me to throw a more catchable ball, turn busted plays into gains, and failing all that game manage the ball down the field in old school option grind it out style.

Yes I am licking my chops to see what he can do if given the start...

I'm not convinced RK3 is a better passer either. I think a lot of people will be surprised by TA throwing ability. His tape in HS is no joke. Yeah this isn't HS but man can he put the ball in tight spots. I love how he can throw on the run, too. Something Martinez isn't good at. If Taylor does throw on the run, more than likely if he hits the receiver, the receiver always falls down.

And his name is ARM-STRONG, for crying out loud what a great QB name! TOMMY ARM-STRONG! Does it get and any better than that for an NU quarterback name?

I know what's up though, folks are being pessimistic to insulate themselves against any potential let down. I get it.

With yesterday's tweets suggesting we'll see TA as the starter, along with some doses of RKIII I found myself with an odd realization.

After being in the stands for last week's UCLA game, my wife and I commented that with our age (only mid 50s) we'd probably rather not go to any more games in stadium. We were the only ones still standing and hollering after the 1st quarter. Having to miss a quarter of the game to use the restroom and just everything that goes in to attending a game, we thought we'd reached the "better to watch from home and have our fridge and bathroom close at hand".

Now with the air somewhat cleared after Bo-Audiogate, and the possibility of seeing TA get a lot of real game action, I'm wishing I had tickets now, cause I'd be there in a heart beat. Seems maybe we as fans kind of lost our "fun" edge too.

• Fire 1

This will be fun to watch. With Tommy Armstrong, he is a different type of quarterback. And this makes him a "must see." He's been brought up his whole life being trained at this position, but Armstrong is actually cornerback material -- which makes him lethal as a scrambler and at running the option. I've always wanted to attend a Nebraska game when the Cornhuskers had the extremely gifted, athletically inclined quarterback that has similar moves to that of a basketball point guard (i.e. Syracuse' guard Pearl Washington)---and we saw that in the likes of guys like Steve Taylor, Turner Gill, Nate Mason, Tommie Frazier, Mickey Joseph, etc. The aforementioned men could easily move to corner-, nickel-, or dime-back in the defensive backfield --and yet they use their Deion Sanders-improvisational skills at QB. Nebraska's fun to watch offensively due to their "pipe-line" offensive line and this specific aspect in the backfield once it's set in place.

• Fire 1

This will be fun to watch. With Tommy Armstrong, he is a different type of quarterback. And this makes him a "must see." He's been brought up his whole life being trained at this position, but Armstrong is actually cornerback material -- which makes him lethal as a scrambler and at running the option. I've always wanted to attend a Nebraska game when the Cornhuskers had the extremely gifted, athletically inclined quarterback that has similar moves to that of a basketball point guard (i.e. Syracuse' guard Pearl Washington)---and we saw that in the likes of guys like Steve Taylor, Turner Gill, Nate Mason, Tommie Frazier, Mickey Joseph, etc. The aforementioned men could easily move to corner-, nickel-, or dime-back in the defensive backfield --and yet they use their Deion Sanders-improvisational skills at QB. Nebraska's fun to watch offensively due to their "pipe-line" offensive line and this specific aspect in the backfield once it's set in place.

ahhhh...its been years since we had a pipeline offensive line....but TA will give us a real scrambling qb, not just straight line speed.