Question

Scratchtown

It's hard to tell if Armstrong is better than Martinez because of the level of competition. The only way to find out is to play Armstrong every play for the rest of the season except when Kellogg is in , so that's what Pelini should do. I've heard those "turf toe" injuries can last for an entire season and we wouldn't want to hurt Taylor's chances for a pro career with a lingering injury that isn't able to heal right.

You sir. Are a genius.

What if, during the "rebuilding" we go 7-5?

Seeing many many positive things from TA and definite growth and good playing experience, but lose?

I'll take TM and 10-11 wins THIS year over a crappy record and "rebuilding". What do you think all of our seniors and coaches and AD and boosters and players are playing for? THIS YEAR!

If TA plays agaisnt B1G completion at all and does well, I concede. But we just can't measure split series agaisnt rabbits to determine a freshman is better than our senior. We just can't.

What if, during the "rebuilding" we go 7-5?

Seeing many many positive things from TA and definite growth and good playing experience, but lose?

I'll take TM and 10-11 wins THIS year over a crappy record and "rebuilding". What do you think all of our seniors and coaches and AD and boosters and players are playing for? THIS YEAR!

If TA plays agaisnt B1G completion at all and does well, I concede. But we just can't measure split series agaisnt rabbits to determine a freshman is better than our senior. We just can't.

Usually the coach determines the best player at each position and puts him on the field.....then we determine whether he should be the coach by his decision-making ability...or in the case of sports show hosts, by the number of wins a team they don't care about gets against mediocre competition.

It sort of could be a tough choice, but I thought Armstrong ran the ball a little better than our senior quarterback did today.

Like I stated in a status earlier, that Taylor isn't the best QB we have. Tommy Armstrong is the best well equipped QB without a doubt, but what Taylor brings that no other QB on our roster can bring (minus Stanton), is more speed to the offense. I do think that the lack of passing capability of Taylor, it abuses the passing game. Beck needs a guy like Armstrong running his offense. It opens up his playbook, and not only does that, but it makes it more consistent. I am not going to go full support on Taylor losing his position until I see these kids play against good competition and see how they react when we really need them to step up. Who knows if the offense will go flat against a good opponent, and we have to pull Taylor and Armstrong shines.

If Taylor is truly 100% and Beck doesn't go full-retard. Yes he is just as efficient.

So was Beck the genius behind todays great offensive performance? LOL Today made me realize this........SDSU aside (not much difference in talent between them and Southern Miss or Wyoming imo)......the play calling seemed different to me today.......so much throwing DOWN the field and not laterals to the sideline........is that because Beck called those pass plays because he knows TA and RK can make those throws with confidence and TM can't OR is it a read where the pass goes and these guys actually found the guys open down field and had the guts to make the perfect throw?

Whatever the reason......I agree with what BO said in the presser, this is as good as this offense has looked this year by far. No clock running down and calling time out at the line......no bad plays that put us in 2nd and 3rd and long.......the answer to the OP question is simple for me