OK sure, I'll be the first....

NUpolo8

If Tommie Frazier was playing with the current offensive line and backed by the current Husker defense, we would be discussing all the flaws in Tommie Frazier's game.

Scott Frost's mechanics and completion percentage would have us yearning for Taylor Martinez.

We had a team with Joe Ganz setting passing records while the defense gave up unprecedented yards and points, so been there, done that.

Tommie Frazier, Scott Frost and Joe Ganz were all playmakers. Guys who made plays on their own even when things broke down. Taylor Martinez shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath. Sorry but comparing him with these guys is straight ridiculous.

Taylor is the epitome of a playmaker. He's dangerous with the ball in his hands. I don't know what to tell ya.

You won't get much argument from me if you were to say Tommie or Scott Frost were more consistent or better field generals, although I don't know how I would quantify that statement to check it. Taylor has seemed streaky, but one thing he for sure is, is playmaker.

Taylor is the epitome of a playmaker. He's dangerous with the ball in his hands. I don't know what to tell ya.

You won't get much argument from me if you were to say Tommie or Scott Frost were more consistent or better field generals, although I don't know how I would quantify that statement to check it. Taylor has seemed streaky, but one thing he for sure is, is playmaker.

The plusses don't outweigh the minuses for me. He's a QB who still looks confused when things break down and then there are the fumbles and interceptions and the near interceptions that are a part of his game. I almost get tired of saying this because it feels like a broken record. I'll just end it with I've already accepted that he's the guy going into this season as frustrating as that is for me. In my mind QB's who turn the ball over as much as he does don't play. It's just that simple. You don't reward that. He's not as much as a threat to run any longer with defenses keying on that so for me I don't see the point. You cannot tell me we don't have QB's who can't run the offense as good or better than he can on this roster right now. I'm not buying that.

Anyway it's a fruitless argument. He's the guy. He'll finish the season as our QB. Next year we'll get to see someone else. Next year...

Hey, I think we mostly agree...I mean, I'm kind of a pro-style QB guy, and I've always questioned just how valuable it is to have a playmaker at QB. I think we should have the best coach-on-the-field guy we have and send him out there, and if he's fast or has an arm or not, whatever. Half the battle is won pre-snap, in my opinion. Let the WRs and RBs and TEs be the one who are electrifying once they get the ball.

But still, you gotta admit Taylor is a playmaker, right? :)

Hey, I think we mostly agree...I mean, I'm kind of a pro-style QB guy, and I've always questioned just how valuable it is to have a playmaker at QB. I think we should have the best coach-on-the-field guy we have and send him out there, and if he's fast or has an arm or not, whatever. Half the battle is won pre-snap, in my opinion. Let the WRs and RBs and TEs be the one who are electrifying once they get the ball.

But still, you gotta admit Taylor is a playmaker, right? :)

O.k. Yes. Maybe I was a little overzealous with that statement. He can definitely make plays with his legs that is for sure. Totally agree. He did win the Michigan State game too with that pass to Turner in the corner of the endzone which is one I'll definitely remember. Perfect pass. Game winner. It's just hard for me to fathom a true playmaker being as inconsistent. He is capable of making plays when we need them though. You are right.

:wasted

I swear if I ever read another post with Joe Ganz mentioned with Tommie Frazier like they are even remotely close to each other I am going to murder 100 Oompa Loompas.

Come on people....

Time heals a lot of wounds. People keep mentioning Tommie Frazier as great and in the same breath denouncing Martinez for his turnovers. Apparently people forget about Tommie's turnovers.

Carried the ball like a loaf of bread.