OK sure, I'll be the first....

NUpolo8

I think he has earned the right to be the starter. How many practices have you attended? You have no clue what goes on. I trust the coaches over your opinion that you state as fact. Truth is if Taylor had a top 10 defense behind him you would say he is the great QB since Crouch

No. That is not the truth. I won't anoint anyone the second coming till they prove it.

I liked Taylor his Freshman year. That was his ceiling. He just isn't a natural QB.

I'm not real concerned if you believe me or the coaches. Personally I'd go with me, but that's only because I'm always right.

I think he has earned the right to be the starter. How many practices have you attended? You have no clue what goes on. I trust the coaches over your opinion that you state as fact. Truth is if Taylor had a top 10 defense behind him you would say he is the great QB since Crouch

Taylor's a turnover machine. When he plays good defenses he craps his pants more often than not. Funny Crewe cites Sparty's D as being tougher than the Jackrabbits. Of course they are. But I recall TMart throwing 3 picks last year against that D. And their D this year is better. I wonder how he'll do this time around? Go ahead, go on and on about the last drive when he brought us back. From the hole we shouldn't have been in anyway.

• Fire 1

Tommy is exciting to watch, I'm just too hesitant to completely switch QBs. What effect could it have on the team? I'm just uncertain on that.

Honestly?! I thought the team played harder today without Taylor under center. Maybe thats just me?

No,it's not just you, the leadership factor is probably the most important one with this team.

I'm really not. If he is truly a top 25 qb, we would be able to win some of our bigger games. Since he has been our starter I really can't think of any game that I was confident we would win. He has brilliant moments, but no consistency. Top 25 qbs lead their team and minimize mistakes, he does neither. There is no question he is a great athlete, and can make jaw dropping plays, but he has trouble managing a game and turning the ball over. If he was still a freshman or sophomore, it would be excusable, but he is a 5th year senior. I still get a sick feeling every time he drops back to pass. He has improved, but not enough to lock down his position if there is a better option behind him. His stats obviously don't win us big games, or championships.

Thanks for this. I admire the tremendous loyalty of NU fans and appreciate TM's contributions as much as anyone, but we've reached our ceiling with him. That ceiling is losing badly in big games and will not be a conference championship. If same old same old is fine with you, TM is a fine choice but I aspire to more for our team and been counting the days until TA is our clearcut starter.

God I've been as critical as anyone considering the play of Taylor yet here I am defending him to guys that probably have 20+ national titles on their NCAA dynasties.

It was one game. You are the fan that gets ubber geeked after spring game performances to, aren't you????

I get über geeked when I see a real QB with talent. Tommy is that QB. Stanton may also be that QB.

Well if you want to switch QBs I guess this would be a good time to do it. Bye week then an average-to-slightly-below-average Illinois team at home, a bad Purdue team on the road and then another Bye.

Could probably squeak by with breaking in a new QB until November.

Not related but thanks for the hate Paul, it means a lot coming from you. Have a couple +1s.

You guys used 3 different qb's en route to a Big 10 championship last year. I dont think youre in any position to lecture on qb changes, eh?

I'm not being a dick. Just stating a fact.

I like how every time I post someone has to turn it around and assume that 1) I'm being critical of Nebraska and 2) I think Wisconsin does things better. Get out of here with that, its a load of crap.

Look at the times Nebraska and Wisconsin played today. Look at my friggin name. I didn't watch your game, I watched the Badgers. I don't know what's going on in the average Husker fan's mind or what happened in your game. I legitimately want to know what happened that makes seemingly everyone prefer Armstrong. My asking what happened is not me saying "You all are dumb, Wisconsin would never do that."

I know we swap out QBs, hell we did it today. If you want my honest opinion on it I think, at least at UW, its a bad idea. It has never worked for us. I didn't come here to lecture but there you go.

I'm not being a dick. That was serious. You guys used 3 different qb's last year, yes? You just seem to be a little confused as to why we may be doing it now. I worded it wrong in saying "your lecturing us". Wrong words. I admit. It was a bit antagonistic. I apologize. But you know what I mean, yes?

I understand that teams switch Quarterbacks for one reason or another, it is of course, their prerogative as coaches and your right as fans to demand when the reasons are present. I wanted to understand the reasoning, now I do. Thank you.

Look at Martinez and you see a REALLY fast guy who throws the ball. He is a crease runner, meaning he sees a crease he is gone. If, in the open field, he meets a defender, he stands up straight and gets tackled. I have yet, in year 4, see him actually a) juke a defender or b) truck a defender. He is tough. he has done a lot for NU, but seeing TA today, TA is a QB. He is an actual dual threat in that he can make people miss in the open field, run over guys and threw passes that I have not see Martinez make.

Martinez has played "hesitant" all year. The way Bo keeps things close, I would not be surprised if Martinez has not been hurt since before WY. I would also not be surprised if Martinez "convinces" the coaches he is healthy for Illinois. Especially after the way TA and RKIII played today.

Beck and Bo have praised TA since he arrived. Both his physical and mental grasp of the game. Beck has said he has "it" multiple times and Brown says he has that "mojo". Brown has been around some of the best and Beck was with Reesing at Kansas.

I agree that TA showed poise, THREW ON THE RUN, could step into throws and into the pocket. Today, compared to Martinez this season, TA LOOKS like and plays like a starting QB.

Why is there so much support for Armstrong? He played against an FCS team, I don't get it.

The last time we had a rookie QB play against SDSU- NU scored 17 points- that was Taylor Martinez

A little better today against what most feel is a better SDSU team than the last one we faced

I forget Tommy played a sites against southern miss, so of course now I see the logic of done after the showing against those two teams. If Tommy gives you a hard in now, I can't wait until you see what Stanton does.

If Armstrong keeps playing like he is.....Stanton will be starting his senior year. If he's better than Armstrong he should start before that. I have a hard on for playing the best guy. Taylor is not that guy. I've agreed for 2 years he should be the starter, even has bad as he is. This year, he should not be the starter.

The controversy between Armstrong and Stanton might be worse....Johnny has great accuracy and looks like a gamer.

I forget Tommy played a sites against southern miss, so of course now I see the logic of done after the showing against those two teams. If Tommy gives you a hard in now, I can't wait until you see what Stanton does.

If Armstrong keeps playing like he is.....Stanton will be starting his senior year. If he's better than Armstrong he should start before that. I have a hard on for playing the best guy. Taylor is not that guy. I've agreed for 2 years he should be the starter, even has bad as he is. This year, he should not be the starter.

The controversy between Armstrong and Stanton might be worse....Johnny has great accuracy and looks like a gamer.

May the best one win!