OK sure, I'll be the first....

NUpolo8

I'm done with this. My point is fans should temper expectations after a game. Said after Taylor burst onto the scene. If that was the basis for all arguments, then RKIII should start. And here are two "facts" that sport that claim after todays game against a juggernaut defense. Higher completion percentage and he didn't turn the ball over. See I can skew stats km favor of any argument. There are way more pressing concerns with this team them the quarterback.

Wow! I just bought the Big Ten Network package so I could catch Tommy Armstrong's debut. Wow is all I can say at this point. Krc1995, he reminded me of the player inside your picture. I'm referring to Turner Gill. Gill was my hero! He started for Nebraska when I was in the 8th grade. Tommy Armstrong is another Turner Gill. Things look good in Husker-ville, Lincoln, Nebraska again! I'm excited about it. The only challenge from here on out is just a matter of hoping that our coaching staff will figure out what to do with all of their talent in that position. I still remember (and this one's for you Bucky from Wis.) Russell Wilson just laying waste to Taylor Martinez a few years ago in a regular season matchup with Wisconsin. (I already knew plenty about Russell Wilson's skillset from being with NC State earlier) It was such a rude awakening---an ugly blowout loss. If Cornhusker fans want to continue on this road down a pathway that leads to uncertainty, then can we stick with T-Mart? He's built up great stats -- and wins and losses record overall too. But T-Mart struggles mightily when the stage is bigger. The bigger the stage, the tougher it is for him. Is this what we want for the rest of the year? I recall when Florida State (about a decade ago) had a brilliant talent in a QB named Chris Rix. But all through his career in Tallahassee, Rix gave his fan base so much unrest because -- like T-Mart -- he just seemed to struggle mightily when the stage got bigger. He made turnovers in times when coach Bobby Bowden could least afford them. FSU didn't reach its potential a decade ago because of Rix's inconsistency. People don't want us to discuss this, but we know what we have in T-Mart. All of us do. I remember when Mike Grant stepped aside for Tommie Frazier back in 1992. Grant did it with so much class. And Mike Grant was a good runner too. Grant could explode. I also recall Grant having the deer-in-the-headlights look against Washington in early Sept. of that year in a 29-14 loss in that away game. It really comes down to the coaches with all of this. I just remember my older brother explaining to me about Bobby Bowden's and Florida State's delimma with its 4 year starter in senior Chris Rix those approximate 10 years ago or so. He said to me, "You know---here's the problem.....Florida State's QB Chris Rix is as average as grits."

I'm done with this. My point is fans should temper expectations after a game. Said after Taylor burst onto the scene. If that was the basis for all arguments, then RKIII should start. And here are two "facts" that sport that claim after todays game against a juggernaut defense. Higher completion percentage and he didn't turn the ball over. See I can skew stats km favor of any argument. There are way more pressing concerns with this team them the quarterback.

It's not that my expectations of TA are that high, it's that my expectations from Taylor have been so low for the past 3 years. If he could hold onto the damn ball and not toss picks in big games then I'd be just fine with the guy. But he's wildly inconsistent.

Wow! I just got bought the Big Ten Network package so I could catch Tommy Armstrong's debut. Wow is all I can say at this point. Krc1995, he reminded me of the player inside your picture. I'm referring to Turner Gill. Gill was my hero! He started for Nebraska when I was in the 8th grade. Tommy Armstrong is another Turner Gill. Things look good in Husker-ville, Lincoln, Nebraska again! I'm excited about it. The only challenge from here on out is just a matter of hoping that our coaching staff will figure out what to do with all of their talent in that position. I still remember (and this one's for you Bucky from Wis.) Russell Wilson just laying waste to Taylor Martinez a few years ago in a regular season matchup with Wisconsin. (I already knew plenty about Russell Wilson's skillset from being with NC State earlier) It was such a rude awakening---an ugly blowout loss. If Cornhusker fans want to continue on this road down a pathway that leads to uncertainty, then we can stick with T-Mart. He's built up great stats -- and wins and losses record overall too. But T-Mart struggles mightily when the stage is bigger. The bigger the stage, the tougher it is for him. Is this what we want for the rest of the year? I recall when Florida State (about a decade ago) had a brilliant talent in a QB named Chris Rix. But all through his career in Tallahassee, Rix gave his fan base so much unrest because -- like T-Mart -- he just seemed to struggle mightily when the stage got bigger. He made turnovers in times when coach Bobby Bowden could least afford them. FSU didn't reach its potential a decade ago because of Rix's inconsistency. People don't want us to discuss this, but we know what we have in T-Mart. All of us do. I remember when Mike Grant stepped aside for Tommie Frazier back in 1992. Grant did it with so much class. And Mike Grant was a good runner too. Grant could explode. I also recall Grant having the deer-in-the-headlights look against Washington in early Sept. of that year in a 29-14 loss in that away game. It really comes down to the coaches with all of this. I just remember my older brother explaining to me about Bobby Bowden's and Florida State's delimma with its 4 year starter in senior Chris Rix those approximate 10 years ago or so. He said to me, "You know---here's the problem.....Florida State's QB Chris Rix is as average as grits."

Jeez settle down dude. You're helping make Crewe's point.

QB is a primary concern. Tommy didn't turn the ball over either that I recall.

sorry your right he fumbled but Westerkamp got it back. You get one point back from me

sorry your right he fumbled but Westerkamp got it back. You get one point back from me
I never lost any points. I'm always right. :D

God I've been as critical as anyone considering the play of Taylor yet here I am defending him to guys that probably have 20+ national titles on their NCAA dynasties.

It was one game. You are the fan that gets ubber geeked after spring game performances to, aren't you????

I get über geeked when I see a real QB with talent. Tommy is that QB. Stanton may also be that QB.

So obviously you creamed your pants watching Brion a couple our years ago. And thus must be the greatest qb evaluator ever.

You also have to be the poster from husker max. Enough said.

Why does this matter?

One thing I did notice today. As soon as NU took the field, TA broke the huddle and AA came up to him and said something. They then slapped hands and off they went. Sure it could have been first game comments, but it seemed like folks already were looking at TA as the leader. It was a simple gesture that was one of the "biggest" I have seen between a QB and a player in a long time at NU.

Turf toe's nagging. If Taylor isn't 100% I am OK with the continuing rotation of Tommy and Ron. Keeps both guys a little steady by taking some of the pressure off. For some reason it might just work, though it's not logical.

As for Taylor's run threat back, even if he has all of it I'm not convinced we need it. That extra 'dimension' comes either on the read option plays we don't seem to run much anymore, or scrambles / QB draws. It's just something where I think this team is more than capable of providing the rushing output to cover if Taylor can't go. And at this point I don't know how much of an edge Taylor has in the other areas of his game -- pocket presence, veteran savvy, experience reading defenses pre-snap, command of the huddle - to justify starting him unless he's totally healthy.

I was skeptical of what we'd see with either guy out there even against an FCS team, but they were both SHARP.

All of this said, if Taylor's good to go he goes vs Illinois. It doesn't serve anyone, including his backups, to have it any other way.

• Fire 2