CRISP

hskerprid

Just did a quick analysis:

When TA was in the game, we ran the ball 18 times for 154 yards, good for 8.5 yards per carry. When RKIII was in the game, we ran the ball 19 times for 114 yards, good for 6 yards per carry. So if it was the case that our offensive line just performed better the whole game, the averages should be roughly the same. The fact that it was significantly more when TA was in the game suggests that TA's running threat opened up more opportunities for our RBs than when RKIII was in the game.

However, the 6 yards per carry when RKIII was in is phenomenal in it's own right.

I guess I'll just repeat the old it was South Dakota State!

After seeing K-State get beat by NDSU and Michigan eek past both Akron and Connecticut, I'm not concerned it was "just" South Dakota State.

The problem is, you are assuming that Michigan is good. They are not...They are very lucky that they are not already a 3 loss team.

I guess I'll just repeat the old it was South Dakota State!

After seeing K-State get beat by NDSU and Michigan eek past both Akron and Connecticut, I'm not concerned it was "just" South Dakota State.

The problem is, you are assuming that Michigan is good. They are not...They are very lucky that they are not already a 3 loss team.

I don't think Michigan or K-State is very good this season.....and that's not the point I was making.

Interesting stats:

a) We only have one interception on the year.

b) We have only been sacked twice all year.

c) We are plus 4 in turnover margin.

d) Our QBs have completed 70% of passes (78/111)

e) 5.6 yards per rush.

f) averaging 43.2 points per game.

g) 11 players have been involved in scoring TDs on offense. (3 QBS and 8 other skilled players) (3 players have scored on defense :wasted )

I know we had a horrible second half against UCLA and I know our defense has major issues.

But, there are bright spots on the team and it's not just this game because we had different QBs or dumbed down the play book.

• Fire 2

Interesting stats:

e) 5.6 yards per rush.

g) 11 players have been involved in scoring TDs on offense. (3 QBS and 8 other skilled players) (3 players have scored on defense :wasted )

I know we had a horrible second half against UCLA and I know our defense has major issues.

But, there are bright spots on the team and it's not just this game because we had different QBs or dumbed down the play book.

Nice finds.

The + in turnovers is absolutely huge. It's a very pleasant change.

Interesting stats:

e) 5.6 yards per rush.

+1. I love the turnover margin. And Martinez has definitely improved his accuracy!

Going into this game, I felt that two possible outcomes would exsist for the QB question. If TA and RKIII performed poorly, people would be concerned about TM in terms of health and getting him back and would be souding the doom and gloom for the future. If, on the other hand, the QBs played well, which they did, albeit against SDSU, the feeling would be that TM needs to sit the bench plus our QB future is secured in TA.

I was right.

even worse...if TM "heals" and Bo plays him the next couple games (or whenever) and he struggles, every one will then be on Bo's ass again...the rest of this season will likely be a bitch-fest!

It already is..

OK just got home and I am watching the game and it's at the half. I have never been a Martinez basher. I have always thought that the coaches see these kids everyday in practice and probably know a hell of a lot more than we do.

YaYa I know it's South Dakota State.

Can any of you explain how crisp and dynamic our offense seems right now?Armstrong is the second coming of Tommie ( I know ....blasphemy).Kellogg has an arm that is so dynamic it's not even funny. Why is Martinez not riding the pine?We have seen this before ...........Callahans stuborness cost him his job.Pelini is not far behind. sorry but this pad will not let me space and make new paragraphs.

you have all the elements of your own answer:

Q. Can any of you explain how crisp and dynamic our offense seems right now?

A. it's South Dakota State.

Armstrong is the second coming of Tommie ( I know ....blasphemy).Kellogg has an arm that is so dynamic it's not even funny.

Q. Why is Martinez not riding the pine?

A. the coaches see these kids everyday in practice and probably know a hell of a lot more than we do

Kinda funny how some folks are annointing Armstrong as the answer to our problems already. In his one start he did things that people crucify Martinez for doing. 1) He threw passes into coverage when other receivers were much more open. Threw into a crowd of 4 defenders once when man was wide open down field. 2) Failed to protect the ball and fumbled on first contact. Don't get me wrong, I think he's got a ton of upside yet to come, but let's let him develop a bit more before calling him the second coming of Touchdown Tommie.

• Fire 1

Kinda funny how some folks are annointing Armstrong as the answer to our problems already. In his one start he did things that people crucify Martinez for doing. 1) He threw passes into coverage when other receivers were much more open. Threw into a crowd of 4 defenders once when man was wide open down field. 2) Failed to protect the ball and fumbled on first contact. Don't get me wrong, I think he's got a ton of upside yet to come, but let's let him develop a bit more before calling him the second coming of Touchdown Tommie.

Funny how strengths are emphasized and weaknesses are minimized depending on what argument you want to make.