CRISP

hskerprid

I would be willing to pick a starting quarterback solely on the basis of limiting turnovers and balls on the ground.

We have enough offensive firepower that we are more of a threat to stop ourselves on any given play than any defense.

So pick whichever quarterback is the least mistake prone...

Agreed......as others on here have written, Martinez is a turnover machine.

+1

Well TA was very very fortunate not to have a lost fumble today as well, how do we know that over the long haul TA won't turn the ball over as much? Taylor has had only 1 INT ytd and I think only 1 lost fumble on a 4th down playcall that frankly set him up for failure; this is over 3 games.

I would be willing to pick a starting quarterback solely on the basis of limiting turnovers and balls on the ground.

We have enough offensive firepower that we are more of a threat to stop ourselves on any given play than any defense.

So pick whichever quarterback is the least mistake prone...

Agreed......as others on here have written, Martinez is a turnover machine.

+1

Well TA was very very fortunate not to have a lost fumble today as well, how do we know that over the long haul TA won't turn the ball over as much? Taylor has had only 1 INT ytd and I think only 1 lost fumble on a 4th down playcall that frankly set him up for failure; this is over 3 games.

I think the point here is, TM has a history of turning the ball over, year after year...obviously we don't know Tommy's propensity to do the same...he is just beginning his time on the field.

We don't know about TA. We do know about TM. Plenty of history. After the UCLA game, Pelini expressed his disappointment in the offense over the first 3 games of the season. The 3 & outs against UCLA hurt badly.

We don't know about TA. We do know about TM. Plenty of history. After the UCLA game, Pelini expressed his disappointment in the offense over the first 3 games of the season. The 3 & outs against UCLA hurt badly.

Actually we do know about TA, one of the reasons the battle with RG3 is so close is that TA has a propensity to lay the ball on the carpet. Pretty sure that trend has a pretty good chance to repeat in the games based on how loose he looks carrying the ball.

• Fire 1

There are a few things that Armstrong does better than Martinez, but who's to say that Martinez's play was partly the result of Beck's play calling? Could Martinez be put right back into that offense and have it be ran the same way if it was called the same way it was yesterday?

I love what I saw from TA, but I'm not ready to just say he'll be the real deal in games against MSU, Michigan, NW, and Penn State.

There are a few things that Armstrong does better than Martinez, but who's to say that Martinez's play was partly the result of Beck's play calling? Could Martinez be put right back into that offense and have it be ran the same way if it was called the same way it was yesterday?

I love what I saw from TA, but I'm not ready to just say he'll be the real deal in games against MSU, Michigan, NW, and Penn State.

This, speaking of what we know, we know Taylor can beat those teams..........TA we don't have the faintest idea.

More of it has to do with we know what we are getting with Martinez not so much with Armstrong. He could be better or could be worse. practice doesn't tell the whole story. Since Martinez is hurt and will be gone next year it would be wise to see what Armstrong has this year instead of waiting next year. Armstrong could be horrible at practice but turns it on for game day. But i do think a qb with some swag makes our offense run better than a qb who doesn't have any. Even if Armstrong starts and we lose but keep it close you have to strongly consider Armstrong the starter. If anybody needs to avoids blowouts anymore this season it is Bo.

More of it has to do with we know what we are getting with Martinez not so much with Armstrong. He could be better or could be worse. practice doesn't tell the whole story. Since Martinez is hurt and will be gone next year it would be wise to see what Armstrong has this year instead of waiting next year. Armstrong could be horrible at practice but turns it on for game day. But i do think a qb with some swag makes our offense run better than a qb who doesn't have any. Even if Armstrong starts and we lose but keep it close you have to strongly consider Armstrong the starter. If anybody needs to avoids blowouts anymore this season it is Bo.

It would be wise to see more Armstrong this year. That much I agree with. But to completely bench Martinez would be an absolute joke. By the way, if we lose with Armstrong as the QB, you'll have a handful of people blaming Armstrong, just like you did Martinez.

I am sorry, but I don't fully agree. I know that Taylor can beat all of the teams on the schedule and frankly despite what everyone's Debbie downer attitude is indicating, This team is still in the hunt for the Division and Conference so I am not interested in "building for next year."

I am sorry, but I don't fully agree. I know that Taylor can beat all of the teams on the schedule and frankly despite what everyone's Debbie downer attitude is indicating, This team is still in the hunt for the Division and Conference so I am not interested in "building for next year."

Completely agree, the Legends is wide open, Michigan has definitely shown they aren't world beaters with back-to-back issues with Akron and UConn. At this point the strongest team in the division might be Northwestern. So we still have a chance and I don't know what the right answer is because we only seen these two against SDSU. Even though their offense is good their defense is terrible.

This, speaking of what we know, we know Taylor can beat those teams..........TA we don't have the faintest idea.

Point taken and agreed. However, only if Martinez' wheels are a full go.....anything less is Tommy time.

Speaking of what we know, the Minnesotal Golden Gophers have historcally dominated the Big 10...but I'm not putting much stock into that...

Wow, great analogy to try and use to dispute the fact I laid out there. Apples and Oranges doesn't even come close to how off this comparison is.

Point taken and agreed. However, only if Martinez' wheels are a full go.....anything less is Tommy time.

I don't disagree with this assessment, but right now I would take a healthy Taylor over TA. I think TA could be special in the coming years, but I want to see wins now and I know, not surmise, that Taylor can win out.