CRISP

hskerprid

OK just got home and I am watching the game and it's at the half. I have never been a Martinez basher. I have always thought that the coaches see these kids everyday in practice and probably know a hell of a lot more than we do.

YaYa I know it's South Dakota State.

Can any of you explain how crisp and dynamic our offense seems right now?Armstrong is the second coming of Tommie ( I know ....blasphemy).Kellogg has an arm that is so dynamic it's not even funny. Why is Martinez not riding the pine?We have seen this before ...........Callahans stuborness cost him his job.Pelini is not far behind. sorry but this pad will not let me space and make new paragraphs.

Yeah, what's with this thing not letting us hit enter and start a new paragraph?! Almost as frustrating as watching Martinez against good competition.

Going into this game, I felt that two possible outcomes would exsist for the QB question. If TA and RKIII performed poorly, people would be concerned about TM in terms of health and getting him back and would be souding the doom and gloom for the future. If, on the other hand, the QBs played well, which they did, albeit against SDSU, the feeling would be that TM needs to sit the bench plus our QB future is secured in TA.

I was right.

even worse...if TM "heals" and Bo plays him the next couple games (or whenever) and he struggles, every one will then be on Bo's ass again...the rest of this season will likely be a bitch-fest!

Exactly, ....Bo is the coach and he should play the best players or get down the road. I'm tired of the qb position being treated different than the rest.

There are a few things that Armstrong does better than Martinez, but who's to say that Martinez's play was partly the result of Beck's play calling? Could Martinez be put right back into that offense and have it be ran the same way if it was called the same way it was yesterday?

I love what I saw from TA, but I'm not ready to just say he'll be the real deal in games against MSU, Michigan, NW, and Penn State.

More of it has to do with we know what we are getting with Martinez not so much with Armstrong. He could be better or could be worse. practice doesn't tell the whole story. Since Martinez is hurt and will be gone next year it would be wise to see what Armstrong has this year instead of waiting next year. Armstrong could be horrible at practice but turns it on for game day. But i do think a qb with some swag makes our offense run better than a qb who doesn't have any. Even if Armstrong starts and we lose but keep it close you have to strongly consider Armstrong the starter. If anybody needs to avoids blowouts anymore this season it is Bo.

It would be wise to see more Armstrong this year. That much I agree with. But to completely bench Martinez would be an absolute joke. By the way, if we lose with Armstrong as the QB, you'll have a handful of people blaming Armstrong, just like you did Martinez.

Only bench Martinez(when healthy) if he goes out and puts out a terrible performance then give Armstrong some games to see how he does. Honestly it would probably work to our advantage better if we used both at the same time.

There are a few things that Armstrong does better than Martinez, but who's to say that Martinez's play was partly the result of Beck's play calling? Could Martinez be put right back into that offense and have it be ran the same way if it was called the same way it was yesterday?

I love what I saw from TA, but I'm not ready to just say he'll be the real deal in games against MSU, Michigan, NW, and Penn State.

More of it has to do with we know what we are getting with Martinez not so much with Armstrong. He could be better or could be worse. practice doesn't tell the whole story. Since Martinez is hurt and will be gone next year it would be wise to see what Armstrong has this year instead of waiting next year. Armstrong could be horrible at practice but turns it on for game day. But i do think a qb with some swag makes our offense run better than a qb who doesn't have any. Even if Armstrong starts and we lose but keep it close you have to strongly consider Armstrong the starter. If anybody needs to avoids blowouts anymore this season it is Bo.

I am sorry, but I don't fully agree. I know that Taylor can beat all of the teams on the schedule and frankly despite what everyone's Debbie downer attitude is indicating, This team is still in the hunt for the Division and Conference so I am not interested in "building for next year."

Have you been watching Ohio St play? Guiton is just as good if not better than Miller. Have you seen our defense? in what universe are we beating Ohio St this year? Taylor can beat all those teams on schedule but he has also lost to them and some of them big time.

I remember one game where a QB named "Green" showed flashes of having "it" looking smooth and a born leader.....what happened to him?

I don't remember a single game like this. Green had a lot of potential and athletic ability but he always looked a bit lost back there.

Ditto....great guy, good leader, not the most talented passer or runner.

I would be willing to pick a starting quarterback solely on the basis of limiting turnovers and balls on the ground.

We have enough offensive firepower that we are more of a threat to stop ourselves on any given play than any defense.

So pick whichever quarterback is the least mistake prone...

Agreed......as others on here have written, Martinez is a turnover machine.

+1

Well TA was very very fortunate not to have a lost fumble today as well, how do we know that over the long haul TA won't turn the ball over as much? Taylor has had only 1 INT ytd and I think only 1 lost fumble on a 4th down playcall that frankly set him up for failure; this is over 3 games.

Taylor still doesnt carry high and tight

And he has fumbled 3-4 times where we were very fortunate to get the ball back

Quite frankly we've been very fortunate on a number of his fumbles over the last 3 years, while he lead the NCAA in fumbles it could have been much worse, had we lost the ball at the same % most fumbles are lost rather than recovered

The required "qualfier" I really like Martinez, great kid, hard worker, great heart. Im not a hater

I don't think I've ever said that any QB is the "2nd coming of Tommie F." Ever. I don't think I would. And I don't think I will even if TA is amazing. That just sounds so stupid.

Anyway... I'm finally watching the game on replay. I recorded this one just so I could see first hand how the QB controversy was going to hash out.

As I excpected, Armstrong is amazing. And CRISP is a perfect way to describe what we see from the offense when he is under center. I've suffered with Martinez for three years. Yes, he has flashes of brilliance, but hi indecisiveness and general incompetence at times is just stunning. My sister does this amazing bobbling the ball noise that captures Martinez perfectly, "whoah oh oh oh no, whatdoI do?!" I wish you could hear it. Deer in headlights all too often.

This, speaking of what we know, we know Taylor can beat those teams..........TA we don't have the faintest idea.

But, we have also seen Taylor lose to all those teams except MSU. Inconsistent. He has also been at the helm for some of our programs worst defeats, too many of them. Some of the blame goes to coaching , but plenty goes to the players as well.

This, speaking of what we know, we know Taylor can beat those teams..........TA we don't have the faintest idea.

But, we have also seen Taylor lose to all those teams except MSU. Inconsistent. He has also been at the helm for some of our programs worst defeats, too many of them. Some of the blame goes to coaching , but plenty goes to the players as well.

Pretty sure Taylor didn't lose to Penn State.

Yeah, I think you are right. Regardless the point remains. We should also include OSU, Wisconsin, and UCLA, along with our bowl games if we are looking at our top competition and how Taylor has played. Inconsistency is the issue, great plays and control are too sporadic. Especially for a 4 year starter. Last year Braxton miller was more consistent than Taylor and hd was a freshman. If we have a star sitting on the bench he needs to see the field.

Yeah, I think you are right. Regardless the point remains. We should also include OSU, Wisconsin, and UCLA, along with our bowl games if we are looking at our top competition and how Taylor has played. Inconsistency is the issue, great plays and control are too sporadic. Especially for a 4 year starter. Last year Braxton miller was more consistent than Taylor and hd was a freshman. If we have a star sitting on the bench he needs to see the field.

I agree that Taylor hasn't had great games against good defenses, I did feel he played well against .georgia ands Michigan State last year.

Also, Braxton Miller was a Sophomore last year.