Why the offense looked good (your opinion)

Why the offense looked good  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This happens frequently in other sports when a star player goes down.

Other players stop looking to him to make things happen and step up themselves. Reduced expectations take some of the pressure off. The offensive coordinator has to make adjustments and consider the team's bread and butter. And in this case some very talented QBs -- in comepetition with each other -- were focused and driven to make the best of the opportunity. Probably against a lesser opponent.

Long way of sayin.....all of the above +

Better QB + Lesser opponent + better execution of the playcallling because they are actually QBs, and not athletes at QB.

+1. Probably a mixture of a few things. But an FCS opponent can't be understated. My guess is that we won't be having this same discussion after playing Michigan.

Never really learn much after an FCS game.

Each answer is correct. Better play calling lead to narrowing the scope of what plays the offense plays. When you play the plays everyone knows, you're bound to have better execution because they have done it a thousand times. Chip Kelly said that they only have 4 running plays while at Oregon. It just leads to better execution because your allowing the players to have more confidence in what they are doing. When that happens, and everyone executes better, your QB play is by far better. It also helps that you do this against an FCS defense. All of this happens. Let's be honest, Taylor would have looked amazing too.

Although, I have to admit, Tommy looked great! So did RKIII. Thank the whole offense, and the OC for playing plays those kids have ran through a thousand times before thanking Tommy (even though he looked great). Also, thank SDSU for having a not so good defense.

Each answer is correct. Better play calling lead to narrowing the scope of what plays the offense plays. When you play the plays everyone knows, you're bound to have better execution because they have done it a thousand times. Chip Kelly said that they only have 4 running plays while at Oregon. It just leads to better execution because your allowing the players to have more confidence in what they are doing. When that happens, and everyone executes better, your QB play is by far better. It also helps that you do this against an FCS defense. All of this happens. Let's be honest, Taylor would have looked amazing too.

Although, I have to admit, Tommy looked great! So did RKIII. Thank the whole offense, and the OC for playing plays those kids have ran through a thousand times before thanking Tommy (even though he looked great). Also, thank SDSU for having a not so good defense.

You have to remember our offense practices against our defense. Our defense, that is actually close to the being the worst in Div. 1. The same defense that'd can't stop anyone's running attack. The same on that allowed an FCS RB rush for 200+ yards.

It is no wonder that the coaches think that Taylor is better. I would hate to see how he eats up our own run defense at practice!

Anybody who didn't notice how different the offensive line was against SDSU just watches the ball every play.

Was wondering when someone was going to bring this up. I am more of a "ball watcher" than someone that can identify good line play. I had assumed that with a productive offense it would point to the O-line being more productive as well, but there hasn't been much discussion as such. Could be a whole 'nother thread, but I am curious if you think the line has reached a milestone here?