QB controversy? What about the RB controversy?

I agree we need to see Imani more. I would put some 2 back sets in there (Thunder and Lightning). Ameer could catch balls in the flat out of this formation too. Imani would bruise the opposition softening them up for a big play with Ameer. We seem to like to run our same back play after play after play. Why do we wear them down when there is no need? We did this with Rex too but to me Rex had more durability and could move the pile...Ameer does not have this as much IMO...so we have a perfect 2 back solution and not sure why we don't use it? Get Imani Cross on the field!

Ameer Abdullah is another Derek Brown. Derek Brown (5-9, 180) was an explosive I-back for Nebraska in the early '90s. Derek Brown was great. I remember many of his long breakaway touchdown runs especially that one about 65 yards against Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl on Jan. 1, 1991. Ameer just brings back memories of the former New Orleans Saints' running back Derek Brown. Brown seldom fumbled -- and that's the one area where Ameer can just continue to work on, but he's a great back. I'm so glad to see this guy take charge and lead the offense. He's an outstanding athlete. And he'll get better too as will Imani Cross. Maybe the staff will allow Imani Cross (a Wisconsin style power back IMHO) to be more involved with the ground game than just on 3rd and 1 or 2 short yardage runs. I also have a gut feeling he can break off on a long gainer as I was just picking up on what the guy said about Cross who just posted above my post here. Of course, we have a guy wearing #34, Terrell Newby, who isn't half bad either. We have good speed backs that are athletic -- and were more than likely raised up as little children to handle this task from the very beginning. I remember recently reading from Calvin Jones' biography [NU running back, 1990-93] of how his football career began in Mites Football as a 6- or 7-year-old. It seems more like the Nebraska running backs of old to which coach Ron Brown is now selecting from. I like it.

That was the 1991 Citrus Bowl vs GT.

This past fumble was more a good play by the SDSU defender than Ameer not securing the ball. Sometimes the defenders helmet lands directly on the ball and there's little you can do to hold onto it.

I was actually more afraid of Ameer having a separated shoulder or something with his collarbone, that was a pretty brutal hit. I'm confident that Cross and Newby could take his carries, but I'd rather have a 100% proven commodity of being THE MAN as opposed to great promise.

Ameer is #7 in the country is rushing yards..

Nice!! Didn't know that.

I think he's probably pretty fresh too. I think he'll do well in conference play. If Martin-ez can develop as a threat soon, it'll really open things up for him. I like all our backs. Ameer is only a junior.

I think that when we get to the part of the game where the opposing D makes changes and clogs the holes that is when we need to see more of Cross. Ameer tends to get knocked off balance and/or tackled after first contact to where Cross more times than not will carry two plus defenders for another 5 yards. The UCLA game is one where Cross should have been used over and over to punish the defensive front, in the second half.

Ameer Abdullah is another Derek Brown. Derek Brown (5-9, 180) was an explosive I-back for Nebraska in the early '90s. Derek Brown was great. I remember many of his long breakaway touchdown runs especially that one about 65 yards against Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl on Jan. 1, 1991. Ameer just brings back memories of the former New Orleans Saints' running back Derek Brown. Brown seldom fumbled -- and that's the one area where Ameer can just continue to work on, but he's a great back. I'm so glad to see this guy take charge and lead the offense. He's an outstanding athlete. And he'll get better too as will Imani Cross. Maybe the staff will allow Imani Cross (a Wisconsin style power back IMHO) to be more involved with the ground game than just on 3rd and 1 or 2 short yardage runs. I also have a gut feeling he can break off on a long gainer as I was just picking up on what the guy said about Cross who just posted above my post here. Of course, we have a guy wearing #34, Terrell Newby, who isn't half bad either. We have good speed backs that are athletic -- and were more than likely raised up as little children to handle this task from the very beginning. I remember recently reading from Calvin Jones' biography [NU running back, 1990-93] of how his football career began in Mites Football as a 6- or 7-year-old. It seems more like the Nebraska running backs of old to which coach Ron Brown is now selecting from. I like it.

That was the 1991 Citrus Bowl vs GT.

As in january 1st, 1991, yes. 1990 season.

why Abdullah is getting more touches than Imani Cross?

Because the guy we pay 3 million dollars a year says so.

Thanks, that solved my question. :sarcasm

Not what you want to hear... but that's the answer to the question. I'd guess that Beck wants it that way and Bo approves it.