The Shoe

Another question.... not the fans but players who displayed "sip the soup" gesture. Famous by Denard Robinson. What's the meaning?

it means one of two things, so it is really important for players to talk to the staff before games. it either means, "i am playing really well today. good thing i ate that chunky soup before the game"; or it means, "i believe i am developing a chest cold. please heat up some chicken noodle soup."

• Fire 2

Another question.... not the fans but players who displayed "sip the soup" gesture. Famous by Denard Robinson. What's the meaning?

it means one of two things, so it is really important for players to talk to the staff before games. it either means, "i am playing really well today. good thing i ate that chunky soup before the game"; or it means, "i believe i am developing a chest cold. please heat up some chicken noodle soup."

FINALLY! Someone who knows wtf they are talking about! +1

Most people in the student section bitch more than fans with season tickets. I don't even like sitting there anymore. I know there are armchair quarterbacks and coaches everywhere especially at Nebraska, but it gets negative really quick. As someone who sat around 8 years in south stadium (section 18) with my dad and other relatives, it's less negative where we were sitting but the cheering is pretty dim. We really need to rethink the whole greatest fans in college football thing. Sure we show sportsmanship, but when it comes to supporting our team during negative situations, we don't. I mean if we want to be known as the fan base that cheers the opposing team even if they beat us down, that is all fine and dandy, but our crowd has been fairly stagnant of late. Obviously this year hasn't had much to cheer about, but the last time I remember the stadium being real loud was 09' Oklahoma.

Most people in the student section bitch more than fans with season tickets. I don't even like sitting there anymore. I know there are armchair quarterbacks and coaches everywhere especially at Nebraska, but it gets negative really quick. As someone who sat around 8 years in south stadium (section 18) with my dad and other relatives, it's less negative where we were sitting but the cheering is pretty dim. We really need to rethink the whole greatest fans in college football thing. Sure we show sportsmanship, but when it comes to supporting our team during negative situations, we don't. I mean if we want to be known as the fan base that cheers the opposing team even if they beat us down, that is all fine and dandy, but our crowd has been fairly stagnant of late. Obviously this year hasn't had much to cheer about, but the last time I remember the stadium being real loud was 09' Oklahoma.

Well remember Osborne shoved the students to the cheap seats and the product on the field has been nothing to cheer about since. I can't believe people would bitch witnessing blow out after blowout
Believe this if you want, but a few friends and I (and I must also credit our friend Alcohol) started doing this back in 04 or 05 when David Dyches and Jordan Congdon were our kickers. We were playing a team (I can't remember who) that had a kicker who kicked barefoot and we took our shoe off to offer it to him. Somehow we started doing it when we kicked and we actually made a couple in a row that game, which was rare back then. Since we already had our shoe off, we kept it up for the kickoffs as well. We used to do it for all kicks except punts. For a long time we were the only idiots doing it and I'm sure it looked stupid. By the time we graduated we might have had 25% of the student section doing it and it really didn't catch on until we left. We called ourselves the Shoe Crew and even had shirts made that said Skers on the front and Shoe Crew on the back. We used the name and shirts for our intramural teams too. I think I've heard a few other stories, so believe what you want. It just bothers me to hear that a fraternity or sorority started it which was defininitely not the case. We were proud members of south stadium back when east stadium was block seating mostly for greeks.

Did you also start the tradition of beginning the wave when we are on offense?!?!?

Sinner....

Believe this if you want, but a few friends and I (and I must also credit our friend Alcohol) started doing this back in 04 or 05 when David Dyches and Jordan Congdon were our kickers. We were playing a team (I can't remember who) that had a kicker who kicked barefoot and we took our shoe off to offer it to him. Somehow we started doing it when we kicked and we actually made a couple in a row that game, which was rare back then. Since we already had our shoe off, we kept it up for the kickoffs as well. We used to do it for all kicks except punts. For a long time we were the only idiots doing it and I'm sure it looked stupid. By the time we graduated we might have had 25% of the student section doing it and it really didn't catch on until we left. We called ourselves the Shoe Crew and even had shirts made that said Skers on the front and Shoe Crew on the back. We used the name and shirts for our intramural teams too. I think I've heard a few other stories, so believe what you want. It just bothers me to hear that a fraternity or sorority started it which was defininitely not the case. We were proud members of south stadium back when east stadium was block seating mostly for greeks.

Did you also start the tradition of beginning the wave when we are on offense?!?!?

Sinner....

I started the b******* movement.....

Yep....

Sinner....

Yep....

Well you have failed epically. Lol

Sinner....

Yep....

Well you have failed epically. Lol

i-did-my-best_815.gif