SIGNED JUCO DE Joe Keels

Ed Helms

Am I missing something because I thought Gregory was very good against the run last year. Especially pursuit to plays run away from his side.

I thought he was a lot better at run plays way outside or away from from him where he could use his speed as an advantage. Imo, he had a tough time with the power plays right at him.

Am I missing something because I thought Gregory was very good against the run last year. Especially pursuit to plays run away from his side.

I thought he was a lot better at run plays way outside or away from from him where he could use his speed as an advantage. Imo, he had a tough time with the power plays right at him.

This is my impression as well. If he can add some strength and weight - obviously without losing explosiveness - should help him defend the run better.

Sorry to go OT here, but I'm gonna.

Am I the only one who's excited to see what McMullen can bring to the table at DE this year?

He was the Peyton Newell of his class a few years ago, snubbed OSU when they came sniffing around late, and had loads of potential.

I believe I saw the read on him is he is pretty outstanding as a run stuffer but needs some work as a pass rusher... is that correct?

I think people are jazzed up about Keels because he's totally unknown and hasn't been here before. Not a knock on McMullen, just the flavor of the week.

• 1 month later...