SIGNED JUCO DE Joe Keels

Ed Helms

Probably a good thing he is waiting a little longer to announce. Bet having Clink commit is making him take a long hard look at us. We could really use him truthfully. We only have 3 DEs with game experience coming back. If we're a little vulnerable on the dline it's at DE. One injury and the other two are playing full time. Natter has been impressing and is big enough to fill in, but I want a mean, nasty no weakness dline next year, and getting this guy would give us every opportunity to do that.

Probably a good thing he is waiting a little longer to announce. Bet having Clink commit is making him take a long hard look at us. We could really use him truthfully. We only have 3 DEs with game experience coming back. If we're a little vulnerable on the dline it's at DE. One injury and the other two are playing full time. Natter has been impressing and is big enough to fill in, but I want a mean, nasty no weakness dline next year, and getting this guy would give us every opportunity to do that.

I agree, while we are very talented at DE, we need a another guy ready to step-in besides Natter. I hope we get Keels.

Joseph Keels @Officially_15h

S/o Coach Bo and Coach K. Went out there and met my mom amd @meghanlux23 in a bad storm. Thats love. instagram.com/p/hrxnIhsgnU/

Forget the weather, working to close out a class is not easy. Bo doing work.

Keels will announce his decision Dec 18th at his old high school. Two points to be made here. First, the high school is in Wisconsin, so this location choice could be to announce in front of the "home crowd" or because it would be easier for his family to be there. Second, if he is already a Wisconsin commit, why would he need a presser to simply reaffirm his commitment. Alright, discuss.

On your first point:  Terrell Newby announced at his high school in California to choose between NU and UCLA.  Worked out for us there.

Your second point is very astute.

To your comment regarding my first point ;) : T Newby and a number of high school recruits announce their commitment decision at their high school, true enough. However, Keels is a JUCO prospect at Highland CC in Kansas, so making his announcement as a JUCO player from his old high school struck me as a bit odd, not in a bad way just out of the ordinary.