Do we still like the Big 10?

Maryland needs to send a Christmas card to Oklahoma State. Because their loss to West Virginia is the only reason Maryland is ranked. WVA's two other wins are an impressive 7-point win at home vs William & Mary, and a blowout vs Georgia State. Not seeing how they're the 'pummel 90% of the B1G' material.

I don't think the Big Ten has a weapon like Stefon Diggs

and I never said 'pummel'

Plus, the Big 12 was never going anywhere, if anything, they would have expanded. How cool would it have been to get rid of CU (they left first) and then pulled in TCU, WVU and a 3rd team.

I still don't understand the West Virginia addition. They're awful in football, it's geographically retarded, and well, it's West Virginia.

Missing the Big XII is like an abused spouse missing their ex. It was a bad relationship, they're better off away and free, but it was what they were used to so there's this lingering nostalgia.

I can't believe I keep having to resurrect this post. It keeps getting put away because it violates the Board rules about posting whole articles. I violated those rules because those articles are old now and disappearing from the internets. But here it is. Again. LINK

We are better off in the Big Ten. If you're nostalgic, the Big Ten feels more like the old Big 8 than the Big XII ever did. Ever. For the entire time we were in that conference.

If anyone thinks Texas has been gelded and will now play nice and allow Iowa State and Kansas to have an equal voice in the future of "their" conference, they're an idiot. Go ask Arkansas about Texas. Ask Colorado, or Missouri, or TCU.

Go ask Texas' twin sister, Texas A&M, a school so intertwined with Texas that both schools' fight songs mention each other. Where's TAMU now? Here's a hint: It's not in the Big XII.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

- Winston Churchill

Plus, the Big 12 was never going anywhere, if anything, they would have expanded. How cool would it have been to get rid of CU (they left first) and then pulled in TCU, WVU and a 3rd team.

I still don't understand the West Virginia addition. They're awful in football, it's geographically retarded, and well, it's West Virginia.

Yeah but they have cool uniforms AND it seems like a place that would be fun to visit for a game.

What I like the most how the East has four, FOUR, expansion teams and how the West only has one. We're the real deal.

If Sparty is considered an expansion team after 60 years then I think OSU could be considered an expansion team.

really zero of the B1G East teams are original, continuous members since the skunks took a 10 year hiatus.

From 2002–2011, the Mountaineer football program yielded its most prolific era to date, producing a 95–33 record. During that span WVU participated in ten bowl games, finished ranked in at least one of the AP or Coaches Polls on seven occasions, won six Big East Conference titles, and produced three BCS bowl game victories. As of the 2012 season, West Virginia was one of only three FBS programs to have won at least nine games in each of the past seven seasons, and its 95 victories between 2002–2011 rank 8th amongst FBS programs.

West Virginia hasn't been awful in football in over a decade, and certainly have done better than the vast majority of FBS teams.

I still like the B1G. The only thing not to like at this point is how pathetically poor my team has performed in the B1G. That isn't the conferences fault. Sure people will whine about the gauntlet scheduling the first two years but I'm going to reserve judgement until the anti-gauntlet schedule of this year is over.

I feel ashamed that we didn't bring to the B1G what we should have.