OT Grant Schmidt [Ohio State Commit]

Will be interesting to watch. That's two guys (Joe Burrow being the other) who we probably could have gotten but passed on. Time will tell.

Two guys who both commit to OSU. Our coaches will either be the hero or the goat. This may be the first year we are ahead of OSU in recruiting ratings (for whatever that is worth.) Bo better hope he has some good kids left on the radar who commit. I've been strongly in support of our coaches recruiting efforts in the past 2 or 3 years. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt but I'm scratching my head.

There's obviously something we don't like about him. We've offered quite a few OTs lately. Guess he will have to prove us (and me) wrong.

Watch his hudl film from his junior year. He just looks like a tall, good athlete. He's not really a great football player. Standing straight up, letting guys get into his chest, giving up on blocks, not initiating contact, grabbing because his hips are in poor position. There are much better players on our list considering the numbers game.

I agree. I've been pretty vocal about him being overrated, and I'm glad he's going to OSU. Not sure what they see in him.

Iowa and Wisconsin completely backed off of him as well. Not sure what's up, bit I have a feeling he won't sign with OSU in the end.

Considering Urban is often held up at one of the best recruiters in the nation, it will be interesting to hear the reaction if Bo ends up being right.

I like this scenario better!
When you look at who else didn't offer, Wisky and Iowa, it makes you wonder how Ohio St's evaluation of Schmidt is so different from three B1G programs with Schmidt in their backyard.

I really don't want to see the kid fail though. I just find it interesting that we didn't offer and Ohio St. did. Oh well we will see I guess. Just makes me wonder if he had already said that he doesn't want to come here regardless of an offer so we didn't waste our or his time.

He's been here a few times, it seemed like he wanted an offer and was very interested. I think if we would have offered he would have jumped on it. Garrison knows what he wants and he can get them here to boot. We will be just fine on the oline. The way it's looking we will have one of the top oline classes in the country next year.

I really don't want to see the kid fail though. I just find it interesting that we didn't offer and Ohio St. did. Oh well we will see I guess. Just makes me wonder if he had already said that he doesn't want to come here regardless of an offer so we didn't waste our or his time.

He's been here a few times, it seemed like he wanted an offer and was very interested. I think if we would have offered he would have jumped on it. Garrison knows what he wants and he can get them here to boot. We will be just fine on the oline. The way it's looking we will have one of the top oline classes in the country next year.

Yeah I guess people including me look to far in to things once in a while. I guess it is totally possible that he just didn't fit the profile that we want.

• 1 year later...