Director of Recruiting Operations

I nominate Ron Zook

Doubt Zook would take the position.

we have a need for Zook in a different role anyway...

Yes we do and I would gladly accept it.

Indeed.

What other role? Special teams coach? DB coach? Maybe. But our special teams and DBs are doing pretty well. I can't think of anything else I'd want Zook for. Surely you can't mean head coach?

I nominate Ron Zook

Doubt Zook would take the position.

we have a need for Zook in a different role anyway...

Yes we do and I would gladly accept it.

Indeed.

What other role? Special teams coach? DB coach? Maybe. But our special teams and DBs are doing pretty well. I can't think of anything else I'd want Zook for. Surely you can't mean head coach?

He's been coaching defenses since before I was born, both in a position coach role and a coordinator role (8 yrs total). He's a hell of a recruiter, and has HC experience (something we certainly lack on the staff). Sounds like a pretty solid defensive coordinator candidate to me. Or we could just promote someone w/ no experience that will bow to Bo. That's worked well for us thus far.

He's been coaching defenses since before I was born, both in a position coach role and a coordinator role (8 yrs total). He's a hell of a recruiter, and has HC experience (something we certainly lack on the staff). Sounds like a pretty solid defensive coordinator candidate to me. Or we could just promote someone w/ no experience that will bow to Bo. That's worked well for us thus far.

Yeah, I might support Zook as a defensive coordinator. Even though his defenses at Illinois were nothing to write home about.

I thought you were suggesting Zook as a head coach candidate. I don't think that would move us in the right direction.

Yeah, I might support Zook as a defensive coordinator. Even though his defenses at Illinois were nothing to write home about.

I thought you were suggesting Zook as a head coach candidate. I don't think that would move us in the right direction.

Agree. That would certainly be a step back.

Agree. That would certainly be a step back.

btw, I don't think Zook is a *bad* head coach. I think Illinois was foolish for firing him. Then again, this new guy Beckman might prove me wrong. (I just hope the proof doesn't come tomorrow. LOL)

This a definitely a step in the right direction...

I would hope so. Cant really take anymore steps back. We're flat against the wall right now buddy.

You could almost say we're backed into a cave. About ready to step on some poop.

:lol: