Director of Recruiting Operations

I'm no sure as to what the job is for the recruiting coordinator but I feel the person who gets the job should be younger and realize what kids like/dislike these days... #HireDecky

Yes, she should.

:hmmph

I see now that you were throwing in your hat for the job....didn't intend to call you a girl. I was just thinking maybe the way to go is what Carl and Marvin were trying to do,...they weren't landing the top recruits so they figured they'd recruit cheerleaders and the cheerleaders would bring in the players. I saw that on an Andy Griffith episode where a farmer wouldn't let his daughter act like a girl because he needed a farmhand, but Ellie the pharmacist convinced him he could get better help when she dolled up his daughter, set her on the fence, and all the boys came running.

People do know that Zook turned us down once to be DC right????

must have missed that publication.

I'll just let people continue to think that the only person that Bo Pelini approached about the open DC position after the 2011 season was John Papuchis.

Bottom line, Bo had the financial backing by a certain set of boosters to make a "splash" hire. Mike Stoops and Ron Zook were both pretty good possibilities. Mike Stoops came down to either us, Iowa (if anyone remembers correctly Iowa was also looking for a DC that same offseason), and OU and Mike chose to go coach with his brother. Zook was a better possibility than Mike was I was told, but at the end of the day he had a stigma about coaching under the guy that he once coached at tOSU. The way that it was going to work was JP would be promoted to Co-DC and still be the DL coach and either Zook/Stoops would be the lead DC and help groom JP to be ready once they found another head job.

But nope. There was no effort from Bo Pelini to find a "qualified DC" at all in 2011. He just wants to coach with his friends and promote and hire only his friends.

I was unaware of this. Never read anything about it. Really surprised Zook would choose working at a bank over making 750k as a DC for Nebraska

My guess would be if Zook took another coaching job Illinois would quit paying him on his buyout. I do think it's silly that he wouldn't coach for somebody that used to play for him, nobody else cares, if anything it makes a good story. Plus he should be done as a HC, DC here would be a great fit that would pay as much as any MAC/Sunbelt team that might hire him as HC. Knowing we really made an effort to make a big DC hire before makes me more confident that we could well see changes after the season.

I'll just let people continue to think that the only person that Bo Pelini approached about the open DC position after the 2011 season was John Papuchis.

Bottom line, Bo had the financial backing by a certain set of boosters to make a "splash" hire. Mike Stoops and Ron Zook were both pretty good possibilities. Mike Stoops came down to either us, Iowa (if anyone remembers correctly Iowa was also looking for a DC that same offseason), and OU and Mike chose to go coach with his brother. Zook was a better possibility than Mike was I was told, but at the end of the day he had a stigma about coaching under the guy that he once coached at tOSU. The way that it was going to work was JP would be promoted to Co-DC and still be the DL coach and either Zook/Stoops would be the lead DC and help groom JP to be ready once they found another head job.

But nope. There was no effort from Bo Pelini to find a "qualified DC" at all in 2011. He just wants to coach with his friends and promote and hire only his friends.

I'm not sure this really changes anything with regards to only hiring his friends. If Zook did coach Bo at Ohio State and Bo was a captain and starter, one could conclude that Bo and Zook are at least friendly. Considering Bo was Bob Stoops best man, one could conclude Bo and Mike Stoops are at least friendly.

I'm not sure this really changes anything with regards to only hiring his friends. If Zook did coach Bo at Ohio State and Bo was a captain and starter, one could conclude that Bo and Zook are at least friendly. Considering Bo was Bob Stoops best man, one could conclude Bo and Mike Stoops are at least friendly.

I thought Bo was Mike or Mark's best man, not Bob. Either way, if Best man of one brother, probably friendly with others, yes.

I thought Bo was Mike or Mark's best man, not Bob. Either way, if Best man of one brother, probably friendly with others, yes.

Believe it was Bo was in Mike's wedding or vice versa.

They graduated from the same high school. They obviously know each other. Sure junior, maybe you can't say it changes that he likes to hire his friends, but what it does change is the notion that people think Bo didn't try to hire someone not named JP. Or that all of his "friends" are unqualified.

• 1 month later...