Do you want Northwestern to win tomorrow?

Redux

Lets be honest. When we officialy jioined the B1G you assumed our rival would be Michigan or Wisconsin. Then they forced Iowa on us but were kind enough to give us PSU as well. Now that PSU has been taken away it appears Wisconsin will ffill the void. But what about Northwestern? Seriously did we really expect them to be so competetive? They must have seen our joining as either An opportunity or a slap in the face because we never had this much trouble with K-State under Bo.

Now I think its safe to say NW considers us a new rival. They are probably even cheering for us to win tomorrow since they hate Illinois and get to play us in a few weeks. But do we root for them against the Buckeyes? I will be, painfully. I respect Pat Fitzgerald but man he drives me nuts. However I expect an undefeated Wildcat team wbo knocked off OSU would come into Lincoln a little cocky and banged up. If the Buckeyes win, they will play us with more of a chip on their shoulder which we DO NOT want. Plus a top 10 or 5 NW in Lincoln could get us some recognition we desperately need this year.

• Plus1 1

Sure, why not? I'll cheer for the underdog NW to beat tOSU. Would make things look that much better when we beat them. I don't subscribe to the whatever makes the easiest path to the CCG. If we can't earn our way to the CCG all on our own, I don't want to sneak in the backdoor only to get our sh#t rocked in another big nationally televised game. Get there with no help or stay home where you belong.

Of course, there is also plenty to be said for tOSU remaining high in the polls. Helps the B1G perception a bit.

• Plus1 1

NW for sure. If we take care of our own business we make it to Indy. We don't need to rely on other teams for our fate otherwise we shouldn't belong their anyways. Go cats

What?

To belong there you simply need to win your divisional race.

I'm saying if we win our games, we don't have to worry about the results of other games. Why rely on others when we control our own fate? If we lose 2 B1G games and somehow jump in because our divison played awful against the other, then we will quickly be shown that we shouldn't have gotten to Indy in the first place.

If we take care of business IE beat NW and the rest of our opponents, we wkll have earned our Indy trip, not backdoored it IE WISCY last year.

Again, what? Winning your division isn't sneaking through the back door.

You don't need to be in a great division to say you earned a trip to Indy. You just have to win the division you're in.