\\ Illinois Game Discussion Thread //

The great old man that is Lou Holtz "they are playing better than they did with martinez"

So, honest question here - if Lou Holtz said it... Does that make it more true or less?

For Lou Holtz it would be either "more or leth."

• Fire 1

The great old man that is Lou Holtz "they are playing better than they did with martinez"

So, honest question here - if Lou Holtz said it... Does that make it more true or less?

For Lou Holtz it would be either "more or leth."

I would love to just have one speech therapy session with Lou Holtz! That lateral lisp just makes me cringe every time I hear it! I can help you Lou!!! Blah!!

Why are people blaming Beck for the safety? That makes no sense. Cross is the one who ran back into his own end zone. That has nothing to do with playcalling, it's just a boneheaded mistake.

I think some believe an outside run is more suited to Ameer than IC

Imani can't just run between the tackles every time he's on the field. THAT would be poor playcalling, because it would be predictable. Cross has to have the presence of mind to get forward and stay out of the endzone. That's basic common sense stuff for the RB position.

But we are only playing Illinois. They clearly suck.

Well, there is a bit of truth to this. I doubt these guys could hang within four TDs of tOSU or Wisconsin. Or probably Michigan.

OTOH, Illinois might be about on par with Iowa this year. Probably better than Minnesota and Purdue.

Don't look now, but Iowa's beating MSU.

Well, there is a bit of truth to this. I doubt these guys could hang within four TDs of tOSU or Wisconsin. Or probably Michigan.

OTOH, Illinois might be about on par with Iowa this year. Probably better than Minnesota and Purdue.

They hung in the game with a decent UW team.

Ha ha! You'll notice I left MSU off my post. I can't figure those guys out. One of the best defenses in the nation. But can't score a TD to save their lives. I have no idea where I'd place Sparty in the B1G.