Armstrong update

Zaimejs

Yeah, I have an alternative opinion. RKIII didn't look great today and Armstrong appears to clearly be the better of the two. If Armstrong starts stinking it up then either Martinez or Kellogg should play. Still it's hard to judge by today's game because the wind caused everyone problems and I don't think we'll see these extreme wind conditions much the rest of the season.

I understand that once Martinez is 100%, he's gonna get the starting job back. But, first sign of trouble, inconsistency, or the vintage Martinez gaffs, and the plug will have to be pulled. Our offense has not looked as consistently steady, fluid, rythmic, and explosive as is has these last two games ever under Taylor Martinez. Now, I give Taylor the ball back when he's a 100%, because yes, it could be because Beck did "dial it down a bit" (which I dont believe, I havent noticed any major changes), but I dont expect anything different. I see Tommy as the #1 qb by season's end.

• Fire 1

I understand that once Martinez is 100%, he's gonna get the starting job back. But, first sign of trouble, inconsistency, or the vintage Martinez gaffs, and the plug will have to be pulled. Our offense has not looked as consistently steady, fluid, rythmic, and explosive as is has these last two games ever under Taylor Martinez. Now, I give Taylor the ball back when he's a 100%, because yes, it could be because Beck did "dial it down a bit" (which I dont believe, I havent noticed any major changes), but I dont expect anything different. I see Tommy as the #1 qb by season's end.

Maybe not dialing it down, but changing up the practice schedule so they're practicing less plays more.

• Fire 1

and yet they keep throwing out Kellogg.

Maybe they put RK in the game so they can review some things with TA? I have no idea if this is true, but it is a possibility.

Possible, but my guess is it was more to give RKIII a shot.

I'd have to echo what I've read here, though - TA leads us on two scoring drives to start the game then didn't they put RKIII in right after? I understand RKIII is playing well and is a senior, but when TA is playing that well, I don't agree with pulling him. And this offense is built to accentuate TA's abilities more than RKIII's.

I foresee TM being our starter once he is completely healthy, obviously, but man I'm impressed with TA.

and yet they keep throwing out Kellogg.

Maybe they put RK in the game so they can review some things with TA? I have no idea if this is true, but it is a possibility.

this is my theory as well. give TA a series off every now and then to coach him up. it sure doesnt seem to hurt. and something I just thought of, can someone who was at the game tell the rest of us what Martinez is doing with his time on the sideline? I would hope he is involved with the O, teaching and encouraging.