Armstrong update

Zaimejs

You do realize Armstrong has looked good against two really crappy defenses. I'm not sure we are learning a whole lot about him going against teams we should be beating.

That's a very good point, and something to keep in perspective. That said, he's doing exactly what you'd want to see him do, so we can't ask much more.

We'll learn more about him in the future, but if/when TM is healthy and comes back, we may not see TA for significant snaps again the rest of the year.

This only illustrates the importance of getting your degree.

I seriously doubt Taylor heals "100%" in the next year or two..Can't help but wonder what other position he could contribute to at 80-90% ...or after college.

I was a little surprised but glad that they're still playing RK. It really could help down the road if TA goes down with an injury and Ron looked really good at times.

Yeah, I have an alternative opinion. RKIII didn't look great today and Armstrong appears to clearly be the better of the two. If Armstrong starts stinking it up then either Martinez or Kellogg should play. Still it's hard to judge by today's game because the wind caused everyone problems and I don't think we'll see these extreme wind conditions much the rest of the season.

You're apparently better than any weather forecaster on the planet.

I was a little disappointed in TA today, only because I was really impressed last week. His completion percentage was good but his accuracy was fairly bad. Probably some due to the wind but I've seen good arm strength from him before that wasn't there today. Wasn't getting his weight transferred to get any zip on the ball. Hate to believe anything from the almost-as-bad-as-Fox-PPV announcers but they wondered if his knee was bothering him which would make sense. Still hope he gets another game next week and Martinez gets another week of rest.

Tommy has the potential to be better than TMart and that isn't up for debate. However I don't think he's done anything TMart couldn't have done these past two weeks.

Couple of plays today that if Martinez was in the same situation would have scored. The time he reversed field and there was another scramble that the defensive player closed the angle really quick. Having said that, Martinez couldn't have made that pitch fake.

• Fire 2

Tommy has the potential to be better than TMart and that isn't up for debate. However I don't think he's done anything TMart couldn't have done these past two weeks.

Couple of plays today that if Martinez was in the same situation would have scored. The time he reversed field and there was another scramble that the defensive player closed the angle really quick. Having said that, Martinez couldn't have made that pitch fake.

I agree with you. Thing is I think TA has a much higher ceiling than TM and think by the time he's a senior he'll be better than Taylor is now. But I don't think he's our starter this year.

I was actually pretty impressed with Armstrong's accuracy today, all things considered. That wind was brutal, and he still did a good job getting it to his guys. I will agree that mechanically he didn't look quite right. Anyone go to the Iowa game last year? We couldn't throw the ball at all that day, and I'd be curious how the wind today compared to then.

I agree with you. Thing is I think TA has a much higher ceiling than TM and think by the time he's a senior he'll be better than Taylor is now. But I don't think he's our starter this year.

100% agree with you. Armstrong has been impressive in different ways then Martinez was when he was a freshman, and the things he's been impressive at are more conducive at running an offense that is very steady.

And that's been one of the biggest knocks on Martinez's tenure, the big plays that were followed by terrible ones. The MSU game from last year is a microcosm of Martinez's career. Martinez runs for over 200 and leads a last minute TD for the win, but the reason we were in that situation was because he put us in it. I will look back at Martinez with fondness, because he's the QB who led us through the last year in the Big XII and the transition to the Big 10.

• Fire 1

It is possible there are rotating snaps right now because when Martinez comes back they will rotate him with Armstrong. Overusing Martinez right after his injury could lead him right to getting a bigger injury. Knowing thi this, the coaches may be trying out a rotation QB system right now to see how it works.

The other reason they may be trying out a rotation system right now with TA in the mix is because they plan to do something to that effect next year with Armstrong and Stanton.

I could be completely wrong on both these ideas, but just thought I'd throw them out there