Martinez v. Armstrong

That's fair - the greats do have very good fundamentals. Even though you're not an NFL fan, there are plenty of quarterbacks that have won one or multiple super bowls despite being less fundamentally savvy. If you can build a good team around the QB, you don't need the QB to do as much. Ben Roethlisberger, QB for the Pittsburgh Steelers, isn't one of the best QB's in the country, in terms of fundamentals and skills, but he's won two super bowls. Eli Manning - not as good as his brother, but has one more championship ring.

I don't think you have to be fundamentally great to be a good quarterback and win big games. Vince Young's college tape is evidence of that, so is Frazier's, so is Tim Tebow's... the list goes on.

There may be some, but Eli and Big Ben have pretty sharp fundmantals- the #1 pick in the draft isnt wasted on someone who doesnt. I like how both throw. As to Young, Frazier and Tebow, INCREDIBLE runners, who were just good enough passers to keep the defense in conflict at the College level. Tommie didnt have great passing stats, BUT, his average completion yds was nice, you had to respect him as a passer, he made the passes when they were needed, he threw a LOT on the run and he did have nice form when he set up and threw. When we get someone who can run like Tommie and move the offense with those type of numbers. Im all for cutting them some slack on not being a perfect passer LOL Im also a HUGE fan of holding onto the ball- TF 43 TDs and 11 Ints in 3 1/3 seasons. TM 55-28 in 3 1/3 seaons- lets not even go near the fumble numbers, that really blows the comparison out of the water:

Watch:

We need to show Tommie Frazier's 43 yard TD run against West Virginia in 1994. Also, his fine running against Colorado in 1992 including the run where he navigates through the Buffaloes' defense and gets met by Colorado's Deion Figures. If Figures isn't there, that's a score.

Frazier only ran a 4.50 in the 40 (reported at 4.61 by SI in a 1995 preseason football magazine), but his speed was more than what is measured by electronic timings and coaches' stop-watches. I say -- and my friends have agreed and have said it too -- that Tommie Frazier was the "Michael Vick" before Michael Vick. I know that Vick timed a 4.25 in the summer of 2000 at Virginia Tech, but in my mind....Frazier and Vick are the same.

I've seen it mentioned somewhere that Taylor may have surgery on the toe, ending his season. Do you guys think there's any possibility of a medical redshirt? If so, does Taylor use it? If he does, does he use it at Nebraska?

I think he had to play in less than 20% of our games and he's over that so probably not.

I've seen it mentioned somewhere that Taylor may have surgery on the toe, ending his season. Do you guys think there's any possibility of a medical redshirt? If so, does Taylor use it? If he does, does he use it at Nebraska?

I haven't been a big fan of Taylor's play over the last season and a half but that would be a tough way to end his football career.

Tommy's still a very smooth operator, but clearly lacking in experience. Those miscommunications and growing pains are not what we want to see for the meat of the B1G ten schedule and it's for Tommy's benefit too to not throw him into the fire.

Still has a bright future ahead of him...but yeah. If Taylor's back and healthy he needs to be out there.

• Fire 2

I am NOT bashing on TA. I think he has a great three more years ahead of him.

But I'm just waiting for the excuses:

- First road start

- Bad play calling

- Receivers weren't helping him out

- Martinez throws pics too

- Switching QBs throws him out of rythm

- Purdue's defense is better than we thought

Probably still missing a few.

I don't think it's too great a stretch to say that Armstrong's first road start and the switching of Armstrong and Kellogg aren't helping Tommy. I think the coaches need to rethink that strategy. I don't like using live games as a tryout session.

That said, gimme Taylor as soon as he's healthy. For all his bright future, Tommy is still clearly a redshirt freshman.

• Fire 1

I am NOT bashing on TA. I think he has a great three more years ahead of him.

But I'm just waiting for the excuses:

- First road start

- Bad play calling

- Receivers weren't helping him out

- Martinez throws pics too

- Switching QBs throws him out of rythm

- Purdue's defense is better than we thought

Probably still missing a few.

I'll go with this excuse. That said, I've been on the T-Mart bandwagon all along. But I'm glad to see Tommy get some experience while Taylor recovers.