Recruiting Concerns

Here's an updated list of our scholarships, including commits:

Seniors (13) - Ameer Abdullah, Kenny Bell, Tyler Evans, Jamal Turner, Jake Cotton, Mike Moudy, Mark Pelini, Jay Guy, Tobi Okuyemi, Zaire Anderson, Joshua Mitchell, Corey Cooper, Harvey Jackson

Juniors (17+3 JUCO) - Imani Cross, Andy Janovich, Taariq Allen, David Sutton, Givens Mordi Price, Ryne Reeves, Zach Sterup, Chongo Kondolo, Matt Finnin, Randy Gregory, Kevin Williams, Aaron Curry, Max Pirman, David Santos, Daniel Davie, Jonathan Rose, Charles Jackson, Mauro Bondi plus Robert Lockhart, Joe Keels and Byerson Cockrell

Sophomores (17) - Tommy Armstrong, Terrell Newby, Alonzo Moore, Jordan Westerkamp, Sam Cotton, Cethan Carter, Paul Thurston, Corey Whitaker, Greg McMullen, Vincent Valentine, Maliek Collins, Kevin Maurice, Michael Rose, Josh Banderas, Nathan Gerry, LeRoy Alexander, Gabe Miller

Redshirt Freshmen (13) - Johnny Stanton, Adam Taylor, Kevin Gladney, Greg Hart, Zach Hannon, Dwayne Johnson, David Knevel, A.J. Natter, Courtney Love, Marcus Newby,Boaz Joseph, Drake Martinez, D.J. Singleton

Non-JUCO Commits (23) - Zach Darlington, AJ Bush, Mikale Wilbon, Larenzo Stewart, Monte Harrison, Demornay Pierson-El, Glenn Irons, Jariah Tolbert, Freedom Akinmoladun, Tanner Farmer, D.J. Foster, Mich Stoltenberg,Nick Gates, Sedrick King, Blake McClain, DeAndre Wills, Peyton Newell, Jaevon Walton, Trai Mosley, Chris Jones, Luke Gifford, Josh Kalu, Drew Brown

That is a total of 86 so at least one of those names will have to come off the list - Stewart and Guy are strong possibilities.

It is hard to look at the list and not be excited for the future. Especially the sophomore class. A lot of these guys saw decent time and made impacts at points. Young, talented, and already with some experience. Spells good things.

thanks for doing this list. Very helpful.

Question: Is Marcus Newby still on the team? I thought I read somewhere that he no longer is on the roster. Perhaps i am mistaken on that. So... is he still on the roster?

Question: Is Marcus Newby still on the team? I thought I read somewhere that he no longer is on the roster. Perhaps i am mistaken on that. So... is he still on the roster?

There was some rumblings about him but as far as I know he's still on the team. He is still on the Huskers.com roster which someone else said had been updated with a couple guys who are not longer on the team.

Seniors (13) - Ameer Abdullah, Kenny Bell, Tyler Evans, Jamal Turner, Jake Cotton, Mike Moudy, Mark Pelini, Jay Guy, Tobi Okuyemi, Zaire Anderson, Joshua Mitchell, Corey Cooper, Harvey Jackson

Juniors (17+3 JUCO) - Imani Cross, Andy Janovich, Taariq Allen, David Sutton, Givens Mordi Price, Ryne Reeves, Zach Sterup, Chongo Kondolo, Matt Finnin, Randy Gregory, Kevin Williams, Aaron Curry, Max Pirman, David Santos, Daniel Davie, Jonathan Rose, Charles Jackson, Mauro Bondi plus Robert Lockhart, Joe Keels and Byerson Cockrell

Sophomores (17) - Tommy Armstrong, Terrell Newby, Alonzo Moore, Jordan Westerkamp, Sam Cotton, Cethan Carter, Paul Thurston, Corey Whitaker, Greg McMullen, Vincent Valentine, Maliek Collins, Kevin Maurice, Michael Rose, Josh Banderas, Nathan Gerry, LeRoy Alexander, Gabe Miller

Redshirt Freshmen (13) - Johnny Stanton, Adam Taylor, Kevin Gladney, Greg Hart, Zach Hannon, Dwayne Johnson, David Knevel, A.J. Natter, Courtney Love, Marcus Newby,Boaz Joseph, Drake Martinez, D.J. Singleton

Non-JUCO Commits (23) - Zach Darlington, AJ Bush, Mikale Wilbon, Larenzo Stewart, Monte Harrison, Demornay Pierson-El, Glenn Irons, Jariah Tolbert, Freedom Akinmoladun, Tanner Farmer, D.J. Foster, Mich Stoltenberg,Nick Gates, Sedrick King, Blake McClain, DeAndre Wills, Peyton Newell, Jaevon Walton, Trai Mosley, Chris Jones, Luke Gifford, Josh Kalu, Drew Brown

That is a total of 86 so at least one of those names will have to come off the list - Stewart and Guy are strong possibilities.

You can take Lockhart, who I understand will not make it to campus, off the list. That puts us at 85.

Juniors (17+2 JUCO) - Imani Cross, Andy Janovich, Taariq Allen, David Sutton, Givens Mordi Price, Ryne Reeves, Zach Sterup, Chongo Kondolo, Matt Finnin, Randy Gregory, Kevin Williams, Aaron Curry, Max Pirman, David Santos, Daniel Davie, Jonathan Rose, Charles Jackson, Mauro Bondi plus Joe Keels and Byerson Cockrell

Am I crazy or should the count on JR be 20 not 19? If that's the case and mcclain being gone puts this yrs class at 22 plus 2 JUCO's that is 85 on the nose.

Does it leave anymore room to take a bigger class next year? 13 is the number now, let's assume 2 from the class don't make it, that makes 15 and some attrition next year (as always happens at every school), I can't see next yr being bigger than 17 or so, think that's about right?

Juniors (17+2 JUCO) - Imani Cross, Andy Janovich, Taariq Allen, David Sutton, Givens Mordi Price, Ryne Reeves, Zach Sterup, Chongo Kondolo, Matt Finnin, Randy Gregory, Kevin Williams, Aaron Curry, Max Pirman, David Santos, Daniel Davie, Jonathan Rose, Charles Jackson, Mauro Bondi plus Joe Keels and Byerson Cockrell

Am I crazy or should the count on JR be 20 not 19? If that's the case and mcclain being gone puts this yrs class at 22 plus 2 JUCO's that is 85 on the nose.

Does it leave anymore room to take a bigger class next year? 13 is the number now, let's assume 2 from the class don't make it, that makes 15 and some attrition next year (as always happens at every school), I can't see next yr being bigger than 17 or so, think that's about right?

I would expect Alex Lewis to be on scholarship.

I would expect Alex Lewis to be on scholarship.

Highly unlikely!!!! He'll be on a "prove it to me" basis. He needs to prove he can keep his nose clean and work hard on and off the field. Then if it warrants he may get one next year.

Yeah, you're right. That's what I get for copy/paste.