Recruiting Concerns

I am getting kind of worried at this point. We have had hardly any visitors this year and have only had one away game. The interest in our program seems to have dropped off this year. We just don't have that many quality players ranking us in their top 5. It hasn't helped that we have had so many 11am games, an easy schedule against teams that aren't exciting, and virtually no national TV exposure.

We have a lot of kids who are planning to visit but haven't been able to get here so far this season for any number of reasons - many of them aren't taking any visits to any school until their seasons are over. As their seasons drawn to a close, hopefully they will be able to get here for a November game or a December visit. If we don't start getting some visits in another month, it may be time to begin to worry.

Speaking to the early kick times so far this year, apparently it's not only the kids having trouble getting here that makes it tougher for visitors. Els said they don't want to rush guys through their visit just to say they've had them here. They'd rather wait until they can be here for as much of the full 48 hours as possible, even if that means waiting until after their season is over. I'm sure you could lose a guy or two in the mean time but that makes pretty good sense to me.

What was so great about them? There's some talent sprinkled about but we're hardly loaded. This year we're mediocre on offense and bad on defense.

Bo has had to play a bunch of young players on D because of his poor recruiting in the 2009-2011 classes. Having to depend on a bunch of freshmen to save him is not an enviable position, but he put himself there.

• Fire 1