Recruiting Concerns

He's retweeting me now. This should be good.

Nice picture with the Big Show! Where was that at?

Hooters in CB. LoL. One of the girls I was seeing at the time worked there.

Cool man. Was he a nice guy?

A ton more interested in talking to 20-25 year old girls than he was me. :)

He's retweeting me now. This should be good.

Nice picture with the Big Show! Where was that at?

Hooters in CB. LoL. One of the girls I was seeing at the time worked there.

Cool man. Was he a nice guy?

A ton more interested in talking to 20-25 year old girls than he was me. :)

UNderstandable. You were at Hooters, right? :D

Yep

EZ I really agree with you here, I don't think the 500 mile radius is as important as people make it out to be. The fact that you can't ignore is that the best athletes in the country come from Texas, Florida, Lousiana, Georgia, Alabama, California, Virginia ect...I think for ultimate success in recruiting especially with regards to the Big 10 Nebraska needs to hit those areas harder, I will say Missouri seems to be really stepping up their talent pool as of late, but overall though it may be much more difficult, Nebraska battling down south still seems more worth it many times than fighting for kids up north. Like you said those kids are playing the top talent in the country week in and week out while kids in this part of the country just aren't, they may play a few of them, but not teams full of them. The fact is a 3-Star kid from LA or GA is going to be different from a 3-Star from Iowa or Kansas, and recruiting the Big 10 can be very difficult when the top athletes in the states of Ohio and Michigan go to those schools and mainly leave us with the scraps. Honestly if we're going to be mainly left with scraps at times (not saying we can't recruit at the highest level and compete for anyone, I think we can just making an example) I'd rather take kids from LA, AL, FL, ect. because they are usually better athletes and have faced tougher competition. Schools down there fill up quick so if you can swoop in and get a guy like a Jaevon Walton or a Cethan Carter because those schools filled too quick and leave amazing talent ripe for the pickings you do it, because those kids get overlooked and it's great for your program, there's just so much talent in those areas that not everyone can be a 4-star and 5-star, many of those kids if they played in Iowa or Nebraska would most likely be solid 4-star guys (though playing the best does help you improve as a player and makes you better) and just shows how truly talent rich those areas down there are compared to the 500 mile radius we have up here. I know that's not exactly what you were saying, but some variation with my own spin.

I think there is a " feeling" that the current coaching staff will not survive for long and I am sure that recruits are hearing that information from other schools. I also am a bit concerned by the recruits we are committing simply by who the recruit is attracting. Looking over this list of the current recruits, you notice that very few if any have attracted top tier schools. So this is just not a recruiting service ranking these guys and missing but other schools are not taking serious interest in these guys as well. Not saying the sky is falling but if I was running a race, I would want a barn full of thoroughbreds instead a barn full of mules,*No disrespect intended* If this staff had a history of developing un song players and turning them into monsters, I might feel a little better.. But that has not been the case not withstanding a few exceptions just my 2 cents

• Fire 1

I think there is a " feeling" that the current coaching staff will not survive for long and I am sure that recruits are hearing that information from other schools. I also am a bit concerned by the recruits we are committing simply by who the recruit is attracting. Looking over this list of the current recruits, you notice that very few if any have attracted top tier schools. So this is just not a recruiting service ranking these guys and missing but other schools are not taking serious interest in these guys as well. Not saying the sky is falling but if I was running a race, I would want a barn full of thoroughbreds instead a barn full of mules,*No disrespect intended* If this staff had a history of developing un song players and turning them into monsters, I might feel a little better.. But that has not been the case not withstanding a few exceptions just my 2 cents

I think there is a minority of fans having that feeling and I think you're a part of that minority. No matter how hard you try to make it seem like most of us want Pelini out, it won't change the fact that he'll get at least another year here.

I think that your entire comment here is so misinformed, generalized, and that it misses the target by a mile.

Couldn't have said that last sentence any better....agree.

I never said it was a minority fan perception that Bo and his staff were out this year but rather the notion that Bo will not be the coach throughout their commitment at NU as you validated by saying Bo would get " at least another year". That "feeling" would almost have to be brought up in the living rooms by other coaching staffs whether true or not.. As for fans thinking Bo is on the hot seat, you can believe that the position is more equally weighted than what you seem to believe. If you have ever listened to the radio after a loss... The fact that top tier schools are not involved with the current class is not conjecture, look at who offered and show me the top schools, there are none. As for missing the target, I do believe to post was titled "recruiting concerns" and not Devnet's concerns, these are my concerns. Just for the record, I do not want to see Bo fired as the devil you know is better than the one you don't know...

snapback.png

devnet, on 18 November 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

Nah, I don't think that's the case.

Recruits really don't worry who is in or out...this is evident by Randy Gregory committing at Purdue even though Danny Hope was obviously on the way out. Most recruits don't follow recruiting profiles of the places they've committed to as closely as fans do.

As the proverb goes...there is "no smoke without fire". In this case, you're saying that there is smoke coming from this program and unfortunately for that notion, there is no fire.

You want to know what I think?

I think Bo has his best recruits coming to age next year and the year after. I think we'll have a top 20 class for the 3rd straight time this year. I think we're suffering right now because Bo only got 1.3 years his first 2 in recruiting and then switched conferences which pretty much made his recruiting choices in the first 3 years recruited for different conference and defensive schema.

I think Bo will take us the distance and I think the change we've seen in our youngest defense in a very long time is exciting. I think the upside is huge. I think our offense proved they can run on anyone...they need to take care of intangibles. So, in closing...trajectory is going up and that can only be good for Bo and recruiting.

If he's pulling in top 20 classes with our wins/losses the last 3 years...imagine what he can do when we put together a great defense and great offense in the same year.

The often-stated, well known reason why Randy Gregory even became interested in Nebraska was because he thought/knew the coaching staff at Purdue was on the way out. So yes, recruits actually do worry who is in and who is out. That is why you see recruits disperse if and when a coaching change is made. You can look at our most recent coaching change and see the decommitments made.