\\ Purdue Game Discussion Thread //

knapplc

The Huskers take their show on the road for the first time in 2013, giving the youngsters on the team a chance to experience their first "hostile crowd" game.

Unfortunately for that plan, the crowd at West Lafayette will probably be about half Husker (much like the Northwestern game in Evanston last year). The first truly "hostile" crowd this team will face will probably be in Ann Arbor.

Tommy Armstrong, Jr. will get his third straight start, leading an offense once again poised for a huge day. Ameer Abdullah is coming off his career game last week against a woeful Illinois defense - but this week faces a woefuller Boilermaker squad. Could he break his 225 yard record today? If the coaches let him, there's no reason he couldn't.

It's nice to, once again, feel confident the Huskers will rout an outmatched opponent. After the steady performance of the defense the last 7-ish quarters, it feels like the mostly new unit has turned a corner.

Pop quiz, hotshot - Which local media person graduated from Purdue?

I truly do hope that Purdue gives us a fight so we can keep the mindset that we always have to be ready and not take anything for granted like we usually do with weak teams.

Haven't been on this week, but I am thinking most of TAs high passes were due to the high winds that the stadium had last week. Heres hoping he has the strong throws as he did with SDSU.

Read somewhere where Turner might not play. Any news as why?

I truly do hope that Purdue gives us a fight so we can keep the mindset that we always have to be ready and not take anything for granted like we usually do with weak teams.

Haven't been on this week, but I am thinking most of TAs high passes were due to the high winds that the stadium had last week. Heres hoping he has the strong throws as he did with SDSU.

Read somewhere where Turner might not play. Any news as why?

Pulled hammy

And to respond to your TA post about the high winds, I do concur. I believe the winds played a part in his high-thrown balls.

Jamal did pull his hamstring, meaning we'll see more Westerkampstache or Moore. Jamal may have had a few struggles this year getting the highlight plays he wants, but he had a HELL of a block downfield on a pass last week. Nearly as good as Kenny Bell's in the CCG last year, sans the BS flag.

Got the game on my iPad here in Italy, showing warmups. This is pretty sweet. A lot of different angles and showing drills and stuff. I like it.

The crowd is starting to filter in. I'd say it's about 80% red so far.

But it's only about 15% full.

Out offensive like looks freaking HUGE