Anyone anxious for Martinez to come back?

We'll see what happens when Minnesota week rolls around. If Taylor's still not ready to go, hopefully Armstrong got the road game jitters out today and he can throw some better passes next time out.

Wouldn't mind TA getting another game, even if Martinez is pretty healthy. Give TA more reps and TM more rest. I don't think Martinez would be too rusty against NW.

Just curious...Who's ready for T-Mart to come back?

Not me. We already know what he'll do against good competition. I'm not happy about Armstrong's lousy passing this game but I still think he's better under pressure and makes better reads. I was expecting a knee-jerk reaction at the first sign of trouble. Kellogg played an outstanding game today.

with 2 weeks to prepare now and the home stretch looming, if we dont see taylor for Minnesota, it would be safe to assume at that point that Taylor wont be back. I have a pretty good hunch this will be the case. I hope he does though. Obviously we saw today that Armstrong is human, but we also have to remember that 2 td passes were dropped and the running game was awfully predictable until we imposed our will. Though we did see some freshmanness out of Tommy today, it wasnt as bad as the kneejerk reaction will tell.

Another point that I can't recall being addressed in this "It's Taylor's job when he's healthy" talk is the rust factor. Folks, we're gonna be at 6 weeks when the Minnesota game comes around since Taylor has taken a game snap, assuming he's back for that one. If he's not, do you want him seeing game action immediately against NW or a guy(s) that's been taking all the game snaps? The rust factor is huge to me, not only for Taylor, but for the staff, receivers, everyone. There's a lot more to it than just putting him in there. But I really hope he gets healthy, and I hope it's in time for Minnesota so he can get that rust shaken off and we can get things rollin for the home stretch.

Another point that I can't recall being addressed in this "It's Taylor's job when he's healthy" talk is the rust factor. Folks, we're gonna be at 6 weeks when the Minnesota game comes around since Taylor has taken a game snap, assuming he's back for that one. If he's not, do you want him seeing game action immediately against NW or a guy(s) that's been taking all the game snaps? The rust factor is huge to me, not only for Taylor, but for the staff, receivers, everyone. There's a lot more to it than just putting him in there. But I really hope he gets healthy, and I hope it's in time for Minnesota so he can get that rust shaken off and we can get things rollin for the home stretch.

I'm not as worried about rust from a four-year starter. As long as he practices the week before the game I think he'll be fine.

I'm good with Armstrong. First game on the road and his passing game wasn't great. Three picks is not good....Martinez has certainly been there. I'm still more confident in Armstrong hanging on to the ball in the option game. When Armstrong was tagged on the LOS, he hung on to the ball. I don't have that confidence in Martinez.

I think that immediately we need to remove the long-passing game from the Tommy Armstrong playbook. Wait until he proves he can hit those targets consistently before we turn him loose again. Ohio State did it with Braxton Miller his first year.

Why didn't we see more Option with Tommy? The kid just seems to get Option football. But no, let's turn him into Joe Friggin' Montana out there. Beck's decisions leave me scratching my head. A lot.

I think that immediately we need to remove the long-passing game from the Tommy Armstrong playbook. Wait until he proves he can hit those targets consistently before we turn him loose again. Ohio State did it with Braxton Miller his first year.

Why didn't we see more Option with Tommy? The kid just seems to get Option football. But no, let's turn him into Joe Friggin' Montana out there. Beck's decisions leave me scratching my head. A lot.

Eh, we didn't have any problems in this game. I'd rather work on things that need improvement rather than things we already do well.

• Fire 1

I agree knapp. 1st qtr playcalling was mind boggling. That was the definition of "full watson".

But again, Tommy hit a couple of them long passes perfectly for TD's and they were dropped. That one on the scramble was a thing of beauty on the run.

• Fire 1