Anyone anxious for Martinez to come back?

Armstrong has put the ball on the turf. Fumbled a snap yesterday. And fumbled in his first start. As far as running the option goes I blame Beck for those problems. Taylor is not a option QB and those plays should be ripped from the playbook when he is in. You guys act like taylor hasn't done anything at NU that us worth praising. Normally when your returning QB had a year like Taylor did last year he would be welcomed with open arms. Not here!

Armstrong has put the ball on the turf! Is it Taylor's fault the Beck calls a play that isn't suited to his skill set? That would be like asking Frazier to be a pro style pocket passer. As far as his passing goes I'd say a 9 TD's and 1 interception and a 67% completion rate over the last 15 games is pretty good.

Against the 3 worst defenses we'll face all year:

Passing:

26/46 - Completions/Attempts

56.5 - Completion Percentage

347 - Yards

3 - Touchdowns

3 - Interceptions

Rushing:

22 - Attempts

84 - Yards

3.8 - YPC

1 - Touchdown

Averages out to 100 yards passing 1 TD & 1 int, and 28 yards rushing per game. That's not going to cut it.

Now, Tommy has alot of potential. But at this point, it's still potential. The receivers had some drops yesterday, but he's still overthrowing them by a fair margin. Beck needs to cut down on the long throws. Teams are going to load the box and force him to throw. Against a team like Michigan State, I'm not sure if he can do it.

Taylor at peak performnce>>>>>> any TA freshman performance we can hope for.

This doesn't mean I don't like TA, it's just the way it is. TA is the foreseeable future and I hope he continues to see action but, when/if Taylor is healthy, he has capability to give us the most productivity.

I've also got this theory that possibly we'll see TM return to his electrifying running form now that everyone realizes we have two others guys that can handle the job. I think the coaches got in Taylors head about avoiding contact and not getting hurt. I want to see him play with reckless abandon quite a few more times before he is gone. If he gets too reckless, we now have other options.

Armstrong has put the ball on the turf. Fumbled a snap yesterday. And fumbled in his first start. As far as running the option goes I blame Beck for those problems. Taylor is not a option QB and those plays should be ripped from the playbook when he is in. You guys act like taylor hasn't done anything at NU that us worth praising. Normally when your returning QB had a year like Taylor did last year he would be welcomed with open arms. Not here!

I was excited to have an experienced returning senior quarterback. As I've written before, I believe turnovers are one of the key things, if not the key thing keeping our offense from taking the next step. In two of the first three games, I was disappointed with red zone turnovers and second half production vs UCLA.

Against the 3 worst defenses we'll face all year:

Passing:

26/46 - Completions/Attempts

56.5 - Completion Percentage

347 - Yards

3 - Touchdowns

3 - Interceptions

Rushing:

22 - Attempts

84 - Yards

3.8 - YPC

1 - Touchdown

Averages out to 100 yards passing 1 TD & 1 int, and 28 yards rushing per game. That's not going to cut it.

Now, Tommy has alot of potential. But at this point, it's still potential. The receivers had some drops yesterday, but he's still overthrowing them by a fair margin. Beck needs to cut down on the long throws. Teams are going to load the box and force him to throw. Against a team like Michigan State, I'm not sure if he can do it.

What Armstrong has done well is play within the offense. Pelini has talked about trying to instill in Martinez that every play doesn't need to be a home run. We have enough weapons on offense that if the quarterback position can move the chains and avoid turnovers, we can be in good shape offensively.

Tommy Armstrong sure looked like a freshman yesterday.......oh wait that's right.

Taylor is hurt right? So we are winning games with a freshman backup QB and RK3? Sounds good to me. Til' Taylor is healthy, this is the situation we are in. Almost seems like some of you were almost "happy" Tommy showed his freshman side the other day. Almost like you were hoping he would struggle? Not quite sure why that would be. Til' Taylor is back, I'm going to continue hoping we keep winning these games. Though Beck's playcalling still baffles the hell out of me sometimes.

Tommy Armstrong sure looked like a freshman yesterday.......oh wait that's right.

Taylor is hurt right? So we are winning games with a freshman backup QB and RK3? Sounds good to me. Til' Taylor is healthy, this is the situation we are in. Almost seems like some of you were almost "happy" Tommy showed his freshman side the other day. Almost like you were hoping he would struggle? Not quite sure why that would be. Til' Taylor is back, I'm going to continue hoping we keep winning these games. Though Beck's playcalling still baffles the hell out of me sometimes.

I stopped trying to predict what Beck was doing a long time ago.......................I'm much better off for it. At this point if Taylor isn't ready to go in November I have to side with Kellogg due to his passing ability and knowledge of the playbook. He might not be as mobile as Armstrong, but he's mobile enough to make you pay if you don't account for him. Armstrong probably wouldn't do well in November, but you never know.

I stopped trying to predict what Beck was doing a long time ago.......................I'm much better off for it. At this point if Taylor isn't ready to go in November I have to side with Kellogg due to his passing ability and knowledge of the playbook. He might not be as mobile as Armstrong, but he's mobile enough to make you pay if you don't account for him. Armstrong probably wouldn't do well in November, but you never know.

Tommy is going to end up going through some growing pains......

And NEB is going to need RK3. I don't think we see much of Martinez until late in the season........sadly....

#TeamKellogg

Why isn't there more love for RK3? We have an effective running game with or without any of the QB's. And look at the passing stats (sorry I couldn't align them better):

PASSING GP-GS Effic Cmp-Att-Int Pct Yds TD Lng Avg/G
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Martinez, Taylor 3-3 156.32 53-80-1 66.2 528 9 40 176.0
Armstrong Jr., Tommy 4-3 128.37 26-46-3 56.5 347 3 37 86.8
Kellogg III, Ron 4-0 185.36 25-33-0 75.8 352 2 35 88.0

With the WR we have this year and the way the OL has been pass blocking, I think RK3 could have a really, really good season if he was allowed to play.

Even with all that being said, I'd prefer a healthy TM. But I think if TM isn't healthy, coaches should give some serious thought to RK3 against the better defenses we'll see.

Nobody was "happy" that Tommy struggled, but there were a number of posters on this board stating that they believed Taylor should never start again - that Tommy was the better QB and that it was clear-cut. Then there were those of us who argued that we hadn't seen enough of Tommy, that he was a redshirt freshman who would have his ups and downs, and that people were hasty in abandoning a 5th year senior in favor of a "new, shiny toy." That latter group isn't "happy" that TA struggled, but we're at least feeling validated.

• Fire 1

Yep Armstrong had a tough game, but I recall two bad drops for about 80 yards and a TD. I'm not convinced, with those kind of obvious gaffes, the WRs didn't have a few more on some of those routes where TA missed wildly.

I do appreciate RK III more for being a very steady hand on the road while TA was shaky. However, to the poster that said RKI III is mobile at all: HUH?!?

I should answer the question though, with TM still in a walking boot I am not anxious at all to see him play. At least now we know he can be pulled from a game without the world ending.