Spencer Long

Bradr

The way that guy rolled onto his knee and it buckled, it's likely an ACL tear...possibly with other ligaments being involved as well. They'll probably wait a day or two for the swelling to subside and then perform the MRI, maybe on Monday or Tuesday. But I suspect we've seen the last of Long as a Husker. And that's a damn shame. He's worked his butt off to get to where he's at.

Bo didn't give any update in his post-game presser (I know, everyone is shocked) but he didn't sound really hopeful. Said they'd get back to Lincoln and do an MRI.

The look on his face and the stuttering uh, God I just, umm we really don't know, umm I hope it isn't serious didn't sound good to me. Bo looked troubled IMO. As good as the trainers and med staff are on the field, I think they know what the issue is.

Agree with others. One could argue he is the player we lose the most without him on the field.

I kind of have to disagree. I was thinking the exact opposite. Though I will definitely agree that the guard has an increased important in our offense with all the Power O and Toss Sweeps we run where he pulls.

If there's one position you want to lose on your offense for an extended period of time, especially if it's at a deep position, it's an OG.

Bummer though... we definitely will lose a strong leader on the field and hopefully the OL doesn't have too many problems communicating without him out there.